Timberwolf vtr230 feed rollers

slasherscot

why would the sensor  stop the rollers feeding  in, it measures speed of the flywheel, allowing the anti stress to kick in when it slows down........rollers work perfect when fed in from centre or right, an oil valve sensor faulty or something seems more likely

Was just a suggestion, as my rollers have stopped before and after looking around the chipper I noticed the sensor have over time just worked it’s self lose and was out of range. Worked for me.

I am pretty sure that the no-stress works from the alternator speed on this machine. My first reaction to your issue was the relay and holder connections are shorting out with the vibration. Or a roller bush is worn sufficiently to cause a debris build up /blockage to kick the no-stress in. I have qualified Timberwolf technicians you can talk to if needed. Gareth of Green Plant 01483 235111

Hi 

Based on your comments the most likely cause will be with the green bush or shear bolts in the non drive side of the rollers. If badly worn, they will allow the rollers to run out of parallel, probably jamming to a point where the pressure relief valve blows.

To be absolutely certain of the cause of the issue we recommend you contact your nearest Authorised Timberwolf Dealer so they can inspect your machine.

Them shear bolts are a pain in the arse! Mine came loose not so long since and caused roller to move a good 10-15mm in and out!

Rang tw dealer up to explain movement in the roller to be told hmmmmm not sure that will be covered under warranty  ( their favourite saying) so thought sod that I'll look myself.

Anyhow the shear bolts had come undone and really loose. Stupid design as the heads are like a rounded bullet shape and nothing to grab. Screwed back tight in best we could and cracked on.

If happens again which I have no doubt it will. I will cut a flat groove in the "bullet head" as i call it so I can use a flat head screw driver to really tighten the buggers up!

Edited by swinny

hi swinny.........they are hex/allen heads on mine.......they broke on lower roller a month ago

Just now, Timberwolf Official said:

Hi 

Based on your comments the most likely cause will be with the green bush or shear bolts in the non drive side of the rollers. If badly worn, they will allow the rollers to run out of parallel, probably jamming to a point where the pressure relief valve blows.

To be absolutely certain of the cause of the issue we recommend you contact your nearest Authorised Timberwolf Dealer so they can inspect your machine.

thank you.......will check it out myself...not to difficult a job ..cheers g

Edited by slasherscot

10 minutes ago, slasherscot said:

hi swinny.........they are hex/allen heads on mine.......they broke on lower roller a month ago

thank you.......will check it out myself...not to difficult a job ..cheers g

Right, sounds better!

what year is yours? Mines just about 2 yr old so back end 2016 with the silly bullet heads. 

Probs better to just change to an allen key head that the head fits into the green bush. (For me) Cheers

funnily enough it was my lower roller too

Edited by swinny