McDermotts rope brake

Vespasian

Well seein as for the most part I do the odd tree and don't actually do them that often its more of buzz because of the danger involved and the mental workout figuring it all out.. But yes, thats what I've done in the past..  lowered a branch, natural crotch rigging, climbed down to untie then back up again..

I don't mind because I don't care how long it takes..  not to mention its always good practice...   

You get your “loot“ from that long winded job then in the end or not?

18 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

No, they’re over complicating it.

Pointless piece of gear.

As usual I’ll post this sketch to illustrate what they are taking us for.

I don't think its pointless, its just one more way of doing something..   

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

Go on then, buy one.

Obviously I ain't gonna buy one am I.....   I posted up the vid because I thought others might be interested in it.

I'm sure if I did trees all the time I'd give it some serious consideration though..  its robust, and does the job..  can't ask for more..

17 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Obviously I ain't gonna buy one am I.....   I posted up the vid because I thought others might be interested in it.

I'm sure if I did trees all the time I'd give it some serious consideration though..  its robust, and does the job..  can't ask for more..

If you did trees all the time you’d know what you’re talking about, but you don’t (on both counts)

Fair play for posting the vid though, it was interesting.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mick Dempsey said:

If you did trees all the time you’d know what you’re talking about, but you don’t (on both counts)

Well obviously I have to go off the word of the fella who invented the device and Blairglenn who has endorsed it..  I can't speak for the inventor but Blair is certainly much more successful than you..

I'll take his endorsement over your infantile rebuke...