nptc cs 44

tree77

When I was learning to drive, both my instructors swore blind I wouldn't be allowed to tow any form of trailer without b+e.
Put my license code into gov website, 750kg unbraked is fine.

Still confused about hse dbh limits for felling.
Anyone here work for the nptc who could explain?

• Like 1

To earn the NPTC more money...
I thought one of the issues with the old large trees module was lack of assessment sites? 

Correct, large trees to fell are like rocking horse shit, it doesn’t matter any way, if you can fell a medium one you can do a large.
  • Like 1

On 08/12/2018 at 09:46, The avantgardener said:

As I stated previously, the CS32 or 301 as it is now called has no upper limit. The training will require you to use a 15” or max18” guidebar, the trees on training will be no more than 760mm. Once these skills have been learned and you have the ticket you use these techniques to fell trees over 760mm with a larger saw/guide bar and maybe assisting the fell with a winch, I personally won’t employ anyone or work with anyone felling very large trees just because they hold C32 though, I would be looking at how much experience of felling very large trees they have.

hi @Rough Hewn

All explained above, there is no upper limit on 301 (CS32) a bigger tree just need a bigger saw and maybe winch assisting rather than wedges.

The CS33 Felling over 760mm is still available from NPTC but not required under law or HSE, the only reason you would need it is if you are a ‘ticket collector’ type.

The fact that we don’t take down such large trees in the numbers required to run training and assessments very often made this ticket largely unworkable.

I have never been asked to provide a copy of mine in 25 years of Forestry.

• Like 1

hi [mention=49824]Rough Hewn[/mention]
All explained above, there is no upper limit on 301 (CS32) a bigger tree just need a bigger saw and maybe winch assisting rather than wedges.
The CS33 Felling over 760mm is still available from NPTC but not required under law or HSE, the only reason you would need it is if you are a ‘ticket collector’ type.
The fact that we don’t take down such large trees in the numbers required to run training and assessments very often made this ticket largely unworkable.
I have never been asked to provide a copy of mine in 25 years of Forestry.

Thanks avantgardener and everyone else.
I have to show tickets nearly every week.
Certificates sometimes too.
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

10 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

When I was learning to drive, both my instructors swore blind I wouldn't be allowed to tow any form of trailer without b+e.
Put my license code into gov website, 750kg unbraked is fine.

Still confused about hse dbh limits for felling.
Anyone here work for the nptc who could explain?

750kg braked is also fine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Stuart Phillips said:

C&G/NPTC  still offer the unit for their own certification, but there is no corresponding regulated qualification like there is with the felling over 380. 

Excuse my stupidity..... but what does this actually mean?  I've read it three times now and I still don't understand.

• Like 1

awarding bodies like Lantra and C&G produce qualifications, and these are regulated in England by Ofqual (in Scotland by SQA). They also produce certifications, which are non-regulated. Quals must meet the standards set by regulator, for the non regulated the awarding body pretty much sets its own standard.

So, Lantra's chipper ticket is non regulated, and if you run it past the RFS for your cert arb, they won't accept it because its not a qual. Likewise the C&G utility certificates are not qualifications. felling large trees... not a qual.

• Confused 1