New waterproof jacket

wisewood

Best jacket I've ever used or known is German ex-military goretex; don't be put off by bad experiences of British goretex waterproofs, the German stuff is far superior: tougher (I haven't ripped mine at all in the two years I've been using both waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers!), more breathable, more comfortable, more waterproof and just generally better. The best thing is it's a fraction of the price of most half decent waterproofs! :-)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jamallio96 said:

Best jacket I've ever used or known is German ex-military goretex; don't be put off by bad experiences of British goretex waterproofs, the German stuff is far superior: tougher (I haven't ripped mine at all in the two years I've been using both waterproof jacket and waterproof trousers!), more breathable, more comfortable, more waterproof and just generally better. The best thing is it's a fraction of the price of most half decent waterproofs! ?

I’m not sure which one I have whether it’s British or German, I think it’s British. But it’s totally waterproof, big enough hood to wear over a helmet, decent chest pockets and very very tough. I’m always dealing with barb wire and blackthorn etc and it’s 5 years old now. I think it cost £30 and I wouldn’t waste any more money or anything else. Probably a bit clumsy for climbing perhaps but great if your on the ground.

22 hours ago, wisewood said:

My Sip Keiu rain jacket came apart today, reckon it’s over two years old but now need to find a replacement asap.

Have been happy with it until now,

looking for feedback on any alternatives available ,

Bear valley Alpha any good?

Cheers,

Si

Two years service is great time to buy another http://www.workware.co.uk/products.php?product=1SLR-KEIU-Rain-Jacket

18 hours ago, wilk said:

Clark cut and climb is the best jacket i've worn.  Don't be put off by the price tag, its worth every penny.  Maybe a little warm in the summer months though.

I learnt the hard , finished a job of in heavy rain.

I was ill for 3/4 days.

no money coming in.

my next purchase was proper rain gear .

it pays for itself.

• Like 3