Spotting stolen equipment

Jack.P

Shouldn’t have posted/shared the link - unfortunately there are thieves/friends of thieves amongst us who tip each other off it would appear. 

Jack.P - I totally agree with your thoughts towards that seller, and understand why you shared the link privately. It’s a shame it was subsequently publicly listed and thus lost any element of surprise. Keep your eyes peeled as this seller will probably reappear with a similar MO I’d imagine. 

• Like 6

I looked at some stuff on eBay that looked suspicious so I didn't buy it but I also didn't accuse anyone of anything or fall out with anyone on a forum because of it. I have reported suspicious items on eBay and Gumtree and some of them have been taken down while others were left to run their course. Learn to live with it if you can't influence it and don't bother falling out, I know it's hard sometimes and I have fallen into the trap occasionally but never resorted to name calling. What's an ash-shat by the way trigger_andy or are you calling him an ass hat ? Where do the forum rules stand on personal attacks I wonder as the link to the forum rules doesn't seem to go anywhere these days? http://arbtalk.co.uk/index.php?pageid=forumrules

Edited by peatff
add link
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, peatff said:

Where do the forum rules stand on personal attacks I wonder as the link to the forum rules doesn't seem to go anywhere these days?

I was kinda hoping we had gone beyond all that, however the last couple of days has seen some pretty childish behaviour.  

What link are you clicking that goes nowhere?

19 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

I was kinda hoping we had gone beyond all that, however the last couple of days has seen some pretty childish behaviour.  

What link are you clicking that goes nowhere?

Just added it to my post Steve http://arbtalk.co.uk/index.php?pageid=forumrules It just takes me to the forum home page. The one on the site map at the bottom works, I've found it now Steve. I would refer him to rule 4. I would also refer eggs to rule 11 ;)

Edited by peatff