362cm vs 562

MattyF

2 minutes ago, MattyF said:

No mate , 60cc class is spot on for most of the stands I work in 50cc too slow and not enough torque for felling and 70 uses to much fuel and too cumbersome shedding although that 462 is good it’s thirsty ! 560’s have been spot on I just noticed mine rattle a lot in comparison Yo the stihl 462!

I feel that there is a very good argument for taking two saws in to stands with larger trees. My two main cutters did that on my last job (90ft ash, average 350-400 DBH). 70-80cc for the felling cuts on larger trees and 50cc for snedding. Most bluntening of the chain comes on the snedding and cross cuts so having a larger, more powerful saw for the felling cuts made for quick, accurate felling and less overall sharpening. Both of the chaps averaged about 20-25 tonnes a day on that method.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MattyF said:

No mate I’ll get around to sending you some more saws to make mental once I take a few out of the front line service ... I can’t be using modded saws on a lot of sites .. I’m also not sure about modded saws flat out all day in big timber that last 560 didn’t last too long although you said you where lucky to salvage the cylinder..

That 560 was pretty much scrap when I got it.....lasted a few years but don't know how much work it did though!

41 minutes ago, Big J said:

I feel that there is a very good argument for taking two saws in to stands with larger trees. My two main cutters did that on my last job (90ft ash, average 350-400 DBH). 70-80cc for the felling cuts on larger trees and 50cc for snedding. Most bluntening of the chain comes on the snedding and cross cuts so having a larger, more powerful saw for the felling cuts made for quick, accurate felling and less overall sharpening. Both of the chaps averaged about 20-25 tonnes a day on that method.

I did this . Ported 372 on as 24 " and ported 346 on a 15" .

• Like 1

I would go for a 462, to replace the 560/562/362. Ive had many 560 over the years and they have been great saws in the 60cc category but there is hardly any weight difference between the 462/560 and only difference is its a 70cc saw. Ive owned one for over 6 months now it just gets better and better, plus its been worked hard! once my 560 has had enough i wont get another

• Like 1

Anothere here for the 462 i know one lad with one who is a avide husky fan, and all he can say is what a saw, get one you wont be dissapointed , i run a old ported 460 on a 20" and a newish 461 on a 25" both seem good saws the 362 i dont know about and can see that being discontinued the new 261s seem a decent nippy little saw, and another for 2 saws in the woods one for felling then smaller saw for snedding out seems to work ok for me next saw will be 462 as i priced one up last wk and it was cheaper than a 461 ? which was going to be the original purchase as i thought dealers would be wanting shut and give a bit more discount ,

I have been thinking about this tonight. I needed to make money in the woods & faced the same decision a few years ago. I simply did not like either of the 60cc range enough to buy one to take into the woods so, I just bought a stihl 441 & ran it on a 18".  Yes, they weigh a bit more & the fuel costs are higher, but I trusted it to be reliable AND cut timber

• Like 1

I bought a 562xpg recently. I’m happy with it so far. For me it was either this or the echo 620sx. I got a better discount on the husky and it was in stock.
It’s night and day compared to the stihl. Far more performance.
Its not far off the performance of previous generation 70cc saws, for instance a 441

• Like 1