362cm vs 562

MattyF

Never used the Stihl but have always heard the 362 was a bit of a lump ?

From what I’ve heard the auto tune CM style stihls seem to be better than the originals ie the 201,261,362 I have not brought one as I’ve used the originals and own 201,s and 261’s and hated each unit but, the new 462 I’ve been using I think maybe one of the best saws I’ve used so had me thinking....

That’s it stubby , but the 362 it has the same power, fraction lighter and lower over all anti vibes so it says on paper , the back and front are 3.5 on the stihl vs the 562 at 3.2 front and 5ms2 rear,maybe some thing is wrong with my 560 but in comparison to the stihl 462 I use the 560 I feel rattles a lot more , vibration is a big point for me in saw use , I’m reluctant to take it to my local dealership in town like many other Husqvarna users in my area I won’t use them for a number of reasons there is another Husqvarna dealer who are spot on but there location is out there in the middle of no where!

Good call kev ,my local echo dealer is great so will check the specs out.

15 minutes ago, MattyF said:

From what I’ve heard the auto tune CM style stihls seem to be better than the originals ie the 201,261,362 I have not brought one as I’ve used the originals and own 201,s and 261’s and hated each unit but, the new 462 I’ve been using I think maybe one of the best saws I’ve used so had me thinking....

That’s it stubby , but the 362 it has the same power, fraction lighter and lower over all anti vibes so it says on paper , the back and front are 3.5 on the stihl vs the 562 at 3.2 front and 5ms2 rear,maybe some thing is wrong with my 560 but in comparison to the stihl 462 I use the 560 I feel rattles a lot more , vibration is a big point for me in saw use , I’m reluctant to take it to my local dealership in town like many other Husqvarna users in my area I won’t use them for a number of reasons there is another Husqvarna dealer who are spot on but there location is out there in the middle of no where!

Good call kev ,my local echo dealer is great so will check the specs out.

The 362 that I use feels pretty numb in comparison. The anti vibes probably are better but I wouldn't buy one. I'm bias though since my main comparison is a ported 357. Not an option?

I have been a big husky fan for a long time but had to get a replacement for a 372xp so was going to get a 572xp. But because husky cancelled the shops orders for some reason I tried a Stihl 462. I run a husky 562 and I don't use it now because and I hate to say it the Stihl 462 is a far better saw! It's alot lighter way more powerful and it is bloody rapid but so why pick a saw up that is heavier and with less power

• Like 2

The 362 that I use feels pretty numb in comparison. The anti vibes probably are better but I wouldn't buy one. I'm bias though since my main comparison is a ported 357. Not an option?

I don’t feel the anti vibes are up too much on the older saws joe.. might sound a pussy but ported worksaws to me are a bit much in the woods all day... I had a ported 560 and fun as it was watching it drop through wood on the odd tree it wasn’t a saw you could get sloppy with after a hard day.