topping scotts pine

forestboy1978

9 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I agree. I think it's beautiful. I don't tink 8 - 10ft of the left side and some re shaping would harm aeshethics. Would just reduce wind resisistene a little. 

As I say, customer wants it done. I have no objection to taking 10 ft off one side and removing ivy. Any more and I'll decline it. 

But the re growth will be in undesirable places... On branch ends etc. Trying to make a new leader.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Husqvarna King said:

I try to prune trees for how they will look in future, not when I leave the job site. Not having a dig mate took me a while to learn after effect of pruning

I know mate. YOu're always very respecful. 

Are you sure though that wont develop nicely. I have pruned probably 1000s of plants in my time. I know how they work, but not trees. 

4 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I know mate. YOu're always very respecful. 

Are you sure though that wont develop nicely. I have pruned probably 1000s of plants in my time. I know how they work, but not trees. 

There's many far wiser with much more experience than me. Generally if it's healthy you don't want to be making large cuts like that (looks loads more than 8ft) probably double. Agree that you are reducing sail but in years to come it will probably look a bit shit