Hybrid wood & electric cookers

Lucan

Has anyone had any experience with or know of any hybrid wood and electric cookers?

Having a stove that can be electric (gas not possible) during the week and wood on the weekends would be perfect for our lifestyle but so far only found one that offers that, and it's pricey and can't find any reviews;

ESSE 990 Hybrid Wood & electric range cooker

Cheers

• Like 1

I am an Esse cooker dealer,  the Hybred model was announced at a recent customer/cooker dealer day.  As far as I am aware there is nothing else in the market like it but I am not sure that it has yet gone into production.       As regards price,  yes they are costly but you get what you pay for.   When comparing all electric cookers to the AGA equivalent they are quite a bit cheaper and they just dont go wrong. Designed and made in England since 1854, I have had an Esse in my kitchen for the last 10 years with no problems what so ever and it gets lot of use.  

Your local Esse cooker dealer should be able to show you the all electric model the hybred is based on.  I have the all wood fired at present and should have the new 990ELX all electric in the showroom next week.

A

I had a Bosky 90 back in the 1980s with a mere 3kw oven.  It was all there was on the market at the time.  I had just built my house and it did the cooking and the heating quite well but it was very badly built.  I had taken a power line from the farm and was limited to 4kw because I could not afford a bigger cable but I hardly used the electric oven as the wood was good enough.

I think that the electric oven was really there just to maintain a constant temperature in combination with the wood and was designed for people who bake cakes and are far better cooks than I.!

I am an Esse cooker dealer,  the Hybred model was announced at a recent customer/cooker dealer day.  As far as I am aware there is nothing else in the market like it but I am not sure that it has yet gone into production.       As regards price,  yes they are costly but you get what you pay for.   When comparing all electric cookers to the AGA equivalent they are quite a bit cheaper and they just dont go wrong. Designed and made in England since 1854, I have had an Esse in my kitchen for the last 10 years with no problems what so ever and it gets lot of use.  

Your local Esse cooker dealer should be able to show you the all electric model the hybred is based on.  I have the all wood fired at present and should have the new 990ELX all electric in the showroom next week.
A
My missus would be very interested in this. . She openly admits being born in the wrong century.
  • Haha 1

Esse have today announced costs of the Hybrid at £7599 inc VAT in standard colours ( 14) or £8219 inc VAT in any of the four optional enamels or £7149 inc VAT for the mat black painted model,   mid JAN 19 Delivery;  Contact your local Esse cooker dealer.

A

Edited by Alycidon
  • Like 1

I have often thought of this as our Rayburn oven is often at 100 to 150 degrees and to get it up to 180 requires alot of wood. I nicked all the bits out an old leccy cooker and planned to fit the elements into the oven as a way of topping it up. Whether I get round to it is another matter!