The who can get most outraged at bad treework thread.

Mick Dempsey

18 hours ago, Ty Korrigan said:

I find it bizzare that people will spend on smart cars, driveways, fencing, chique garden ornaments but tolerate this level of work on a tree in front of their 'residence' which looked perfectly fine.

This is in Betton, a well heeled town North of Rennes. The whole street bore the scars of lockdown tree rape.

Stuart

IMG_20210410_105116.jpg

IMG_20210410_105124.jpg

Did you make good money on them then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronMike said:

Another two stunners less than 2 minutes from my house. 

90ACD1E0-9E68-46C8-82CD-F5B842C789B2.jpeg

B5773CE4-967D-43FD-B89D-0E7D85F310F0.jpeg

Must be work done by a cousin of the same French caravan club member.

I seriously think that people have too much unspent money and are making rash decisions about having work as well, not looking into matters sufficiently and accepting the first price which is often proposed by a door knocker flyer dropper fella or by those furloughed members of family.

I have recently seen several of my regular hedges 'done' by others less competant hands as well as being called in to finish jobs started which I always refuse.

Stuart

• Like 1

Aye it’s not a bad place to call home these days! The Lake District will always be my proper home but I do enjoy living here these days. We have friends who live Scorton way, North Cowton to be precise. We ultimately would like to end up that way as it’s a bit more rural than where we are now.

• Like 1

Scorton seems to have gone a bit up market these last 15 years.  It was all council houses and workers cottages when my grandparents lived there.  Lots of farms etc.  Now it seems the smaller landowners have sold out and there are a few Stud farms there or wealthy folk who have bought in.  

Lost count of the number of times my grandads onions or marrows got first place at Scorton Feast. ;)

Although, I havent been back to the Uk for obvious reason this last couple of years.  I used to do a fair bit of shooting on the farms around Scorton and the Cowtons with my old man.

Happy times.

• Like 1