The who can get most outraged at bad treework thread.

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, Chris Day said:

Has anyone any pics of tree work which infuriate them? I've come home soaked to the bollocks all week looking like a sawdust macaroon and this will continue until mid afternoon on Saturday, I could do with a laugh. 

I will even take a newton one liner! .... Not the powder variety though. 

I never joke about cocaine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The simple truth is that in most cases we don’t manage trees, we manage people.
Trees are pretty happy to do their own thing.
Arb as we know it didn’t happen much before the ‘70’s.

I try and educate as I go, but I’m a realist as well, and my wife needs new shoes now and then.

Every now and then, you lucky bugger my misses finds it hard going a week without looking for new shoes.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, felixthelogchopper said:

I think you may have missed my point. The troll I refer to is the one you are defending. Live by the sword, et cetera et cetera.

As I said, not defending anyone here - far from it. 

I would simply prefer not to see any such behaviour on the forum. Given that so many people seem to take issue with him, it suggests that they may have a point, but the formation of what is equivalent of an online lynch mob is equally distasteful. 

The end result is that both sides have in equal measure ruined the thread and my point is that it could have been handled better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Big J said:

I would simply prefer not to see any such behaviour on the forum. Given that so many people seem to take issue with him, it suggests that they may have a point, but the formation of what is equivalent of an online lynch mob is equally distasteful. 

The end result is that both sides have in equal measure ruined the thread and my point is that it could have been handled better.

Different strokes for different folks. I don't bother interacting with trolls because when somebody is so desperate for attention that they deliberately try to provoke argument or upset I don't fan their ego. If other people do then that is up to them and I respond to them if I find their posts amusing. You'll never find everything to your taste on any forum, nor will I. I don't see the point in reacting to everything when I can enjoy my time more by reading something else.

• Like 4

Yes, if I want a witch hunt I can tune into arborists online!
  • Like 2

Not far from me, a client has a house built maybe 20 years back with 30 or so drawn up, single stem oaks.

I’ve taken a few out, then cut a couple on half near his house. Then he said he wanted all of them cut in half, I didn’t really want to do it (I know I know!)

So someone did, maybe even him. Some have bushed out, some have given up.

Ime these can die very fast even after seeming to be ok for a couple of years.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.

42D4AC1C-52AE-4C96-A86F-E6BC411AA135.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey