Bit of artificial grass - if you like that sort of thing

forestboy1978

Interestingly one of my customers has just ripped up a couple of hundred square metres of not a cheap plastic grass he put down a couple of years ago as he's kids hated playing on it because it just didn't feel like real grass.

Weird, my kids love it.....

F*ck me, I've just had a bloody brilliant idea! I'm walking the dog along a beach at the moment, and it just came to me... we dig up all the sand, sell it to the Arabs, and replace the whole beach with coarse grit sandpaper... zero upkeep, no hoovering stray sand out of the car, no pesky crabs or oystercatchers or other suspicious wildlife, just homogeneous, predictable 40# sandpaper... I'll be a millionaire! 

20220603_212539.thumb.jpg.40e75d2c33db2c26e31d432492a8de36.jpg

Edit

...if only we could do something about those bloody trees though... papier mache?

Edited by peds
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Hodge said:

No idea as I don't have a dog, I can't stand them🤣🤣

That's odd I spoke to a couple of dogs yesterday and they both said they liked you .🙂

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 9 months later...

All artificial turf is made with toxic PFAS compounds and some is still produced with ground-up tires that can contain heavy metals, benzene, VOCs and other carcinogens that can present a health threat. The material also emits high levels of methane, a potent greenhouse gas, and sheds microplastics and other chemicals into waterways.

“We already know there are toxic chemicals in the products, so why would we continue to utilize them and have children roll around on them when we have a safe alternative, which is natural grass?” asked Sarah Evans, an environmental health professor for the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The city joins a growing number across the US in limiting the use of artificial turf made with dangerous PFAS compounds

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The lawn replacement – largely fallen out of favor in professional sports these days – contains large amounts of...

Not something id feel feel  happy about in any garden.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stere said:

Not something id feel feel  happy about in any garden.

Could be worse though.

At least they are in the garden rather than actually being inside the house!

….

Oh.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

‘We need to stop all unnecessary uses of PFAS as soon as possible’, researchers say