Bit of artificial grass - if you like that sort of thing

forestboy1978

4 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

I hate this stuff. I have ripped up more of it than i have laid, as after a few years it really does not look good. Latest one had moss, mint, small trees and weeds growing in it, it was uneven and looked a mess. Now its been paved over

I fail to see how that's possible if laid correctly. Apart from edges of course. Bit of weed killer though and problem solved. 

If it had moss it wasn't draining properly in which case it didn't have sufficient sub base. 

10 minutes ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Lack of maintenence. Moss and weeds due to not cleaning regular.

Drainage nothing to do with it. You get moss on tarmac drives and block paving etc, if its shady. Show me astroturf thats been down for 5 years or more that doesnt look crap

I see! Bit of bleach now and then perhaps. 

I don't like it one bit..  never will..

One of my customers had some installed at the bottom of the garden two years back..  I put the mower on it to pick the leaves up last year.. the look on the cleaners face when she looked out the window and saw me cutting the plastic grass.....priceless..

We did a pair of sycamore removals a year or two back, between the garden we were in there was a lane and then the neighbour's garden back of a large terraced house. In neighbours garden  I could see astroturfed golf hole surrounded by plastic grass,cue wind and rain in the right direction. I asked lad I was working for do you want me to stop,answer NO from him and customer. Result was plastic turf man spending 2 days hoovering his lawn.

I tried not to smile too much, you may have guessed  i hate platic grass