softwood cord

bankhouse builder

I'm paying £35/t delivered for 3m larch not wider than 35cm and not narrower than 12cm.  It's coming from a clear fell site 15miles away.
Another company are wanting £65/t delivered for year old sitka spruce in 5m length, no wider than 35cm and not narrower than 12cm.

I've ordered many loads of the £35/t larch simply because timber prices are only going one way at the moment, especially with the insatiable appetite the bio-mass industry has for it

J

1 hour ago, bankhouse builder said:

What is an average price for softwood cord at roadside I thought a fair price would be around the £35 a ton It has been stacked about 12 months. The seller thinks its worth £3500 for a 25 tonne load couldn't stop laughing.

average price for s/w road side today chip/firewood £56 tonne fresh felled in the northwest, if you think you can get it for £35 a tonne go for it as that is cheap and if its been down 12 months you will never get a 25 tonne load if you paid £50 a tonne it would still be cheap as you would have a full wagon load but not full weight, wagon below full to top of pins but only 19.8 tonne at £1250 plus haulage a load, which equates to approx £72 tonne ,cut it split it sell it all in same day so no waiting to get your money back ,

20180529_143133.jpg

• Like 2

Ive just sold some spruce to a haulier.  He offered £44 ton.  1st load was well seasoned for 3+ years and didnt weigh alot.  2nd load had 1/2 fresh and 1/2 well seasoned and got 28ton.  Ive also been offered £47 a ton roadside of a few people.  For comparison haulier also offered me £55 ton for fresh ash so think hes a bit low on his prices.  Hes hastle free to be fair and has to make a living.

Edited by AndyChalmers

46 minutes ago, AndyChalmers said:

Ive just sold some spruce to a haulier.  He offered £44 ton.  1st load was well seasoned for 3+ years and didnt weigh alot.  2nd load had 1/2 fresh and 1/2 well seasoned and got 28ton.  Ive also been offered £47 a ton roadside of a few people.  For comparison haulier also offered me £55 ton for fresh ash so think hes a bit low on his prices.  Hes hastle free to be fair and has to make a living.

cheap that, your 3 year old spruce should of been sold by the load ,i dont know what the supplies to the firewood guys are like at your side of the country but over here they are non exsistanant as chip lads buying every thing, some big and i mean big 4-6ft dia rough beech and oak sold at road side £60 tonne and one guy hauling seasoned ash beech & syc from northhampton £92 tonne, crazy"