Shingles

Big rich

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/qa/will-my-shingles-come-back

f you've had shingles once, you probably won’t get it again.

That doesn’t mean it can’t happen; it’s just unlikely. Also called herpes zoster, shingles can come back a second or, rarely, a third time. However, you can take steps to help prevent it, or ease it the next time around.

Well go on how ? ?

On 17/11/2018 at 17:53, Steve Bullman said:

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/qa/will-my-shingles-come-back

f you've had shingles once, you probably won’t get it again.

That doesn’t mean it can’t happen; it’s just unlikely. Also called herpes zoster, shingles can come back a second or, rarely, a third time. However, you can take steps to help prevent it, or ease it the next time around.

I had it years ago when I was 35 yrs old recovering from TB (I'm 66 now). It was across my back and my wife had to paint some liquid on it from the Doctor (It stung). I got it again a few years ago on my head and forehead and the Doctor was concerned as it was near my eye. If it got to my eyelid I was told to go straight back to Doctors or to A&E if they were not open. It took about 3 months to clear up and I still get itching across the top of my head from the nerves as if something is crawling on it. Last year a friend of mine was complaining of a rash and I looked at it and recognised his symptoms as shingles, told him to get to the doctor and he was early enough to get tablets to combat the virus. Aqueous calamine cream is good for the rash if the itching is bothering you.

Edited by peatff
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Have had a few spots around nose and right side of my face but also got an infection in my face under cheek,

9 minutes ago, Tippin Alaybye said:

is the rash out yet? if you get acyclovir in first 3 days of rash it reduces chance of long term symptoms

if it affects your eye you need to go to A&E

man its painful

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, gary112 said:

Have had a few spots around nose and right side of my face but also got an infection in my face under cheek,

man its painful

It's a fecker, mate. I had it a feŵ years back, It kicked 'it' right out of me. I think @Steve Bullman had it a few months before me. Stress/worry?

I'm sure you will sort it.

• Like 1