Wanted-Bandsaw Mill

trigger_andy

1 minute ago, topchippyles said:

Andy if you give chris a ring the dealer from pontypool he will be able to give you a better deal than direct from woodlands website/vat and a free canter leaver.really is a top guy and we are ordering a second HM 130 in the new year with a trailer.

Ok thats good to know, thanks. :)  So you're getting a second HM130? They must be good. :) 

I'm still waiting on the cash clearing from my Folks. :/ 

Ive only just learned about the Logosol B751, it looks really good, so Im kinda torn now. The biggest downside is no Trailer Package yet and thats a must for me. They're coming in 2019 though. 

What you will find is the market for a 12 months woodlands is just about the same value as a new one,Think how much work you can do in 12 months and then sell on the mill and may loose £300 and then upgrade.Never find any decent sawmills on the bay as people will just not get rid once you have one.

Edited by topchippyles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

What you will find is the market for a 12 months woodlands is just about the same value as a new one,Think how much work you can do in 12 months and then sell on the mill and may loose £300 and then upgrade.Never find any decent sawmills on the bay as people will just not get rid once you have one.

4 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Yeh, thats what Ive seen as well. Spent way to long trying to buy used for a fair price, its pointless. 

Sent you a PM too. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeeGray said:

What made you go for the Logosol in the end Andy?

A few reasons actually. For the last week and a half Ive been constantly weighing up which one to get. Waking up each moring sure Im getting the Woodland then the next morning sure Im getting the Logosol. 

Plus points.

1, I already have a M7 and the build quality is great. 

2, Dealing with Logosol is great and spares are reasonably priced and quickly delivered.

3, Logosol Engineering is second to none (in my opinion) They took the best design features of all the Mills in the price range and incorporated them into one Mill.

4, I have a Swedish colleague/friend who is from the same town as Logosol and he knows a few of the engineers, or his Father does. Might be handy in the future. :D 

5, There is a nice selection of add-on's for the Logosol Mill either in production or post-production coming out next Spring. Auto Tracking, Auto height adjustment etc etc.

6, The Log Planer for Log Cabins interests me a lot as I plan to buy the house Im renting and it has an acre of woodland. Long term I'd like to build a Cabin at the back on the plot looking over the mountains to the rear.

7, Has the best Log Clamping system. (In my opinion)

8, Can be loaded from either side.

9, Interesting Toe Board.

10, Delivery is next day.

11, The Head is pre-built. Supposedly you can be up and running in 2 hours.

12, Standard height adjustment is chain and not cable driven. I've heard the cables stretch over time and you lose accuracy. 

13, If you like the M7 and M8 Height adjustment Guide the best bits have been incorporated into the B751.

14, Last cut setting for quick setting up for the next cut.

15, Similar to the HM130 the B751 is hand cranked with indents for different depth of cuts. So one full handle rotation gives you 1" and an extra 'click' accounts for the Kerf.

16, Two month no questions asked Trial. If I want to hand it back I can.

17, I like the look of the Mill and the colour!  :P 

18, Nice Torque Wrench free tension adjustment. (one less thing to lose in the Sawdust)

19, Can cut boards 23.6" as opposed to 22" on the WM130

Cons.

1, More expensive.

2, Trailer package is not available till next Spring/Summer. Will also be more expensive. The B751 PRO comes out next Spring/Summer that incorporates the Trailer package. I'll have to disassemble my Bed and buy new runners to work with the Trailer Package.

3, 13hp Motor, although they assure me it will cut as well or better than a bigger engine. (See point 16 in Pro's.)

4, Pull and not Electric Start. 

5, Im impatient and waiting 2-3 weeks for my Mill at the best of times but potentially even longer during Christmas and New Year period is very off-putting for me. I'll be heading back to Norway for my Month work period when it arrives and wont be till mid-end of Feb before I even start to build the WM130.

I think that kinda covers my leaning towards the Logosol, plus I like new things and I dont think there's anyone on here with one yet? Maybe not even in Scotland? But who knows. :D 

• Like 1