New cut off saw

andy cobb

After 16 years of abuse and lack of servicing my old Stihl saw has finally given up and no amount of swearing at it seems to make it go so.....

Been looking online and the new makita EK6100 can be bought for £415, which is a weekend on the beer cheaper than the Stihl 410 but,......

are they any good? Do any of you guys out there run 1 and can give me a bit of an idea how they compare to a Stihl or husky.

can also get 3 years servicing and repairs with makita at the moment which is a bonus.

After 16 years of abuse and lack of servicing my old Stihl saw has finally given up and no amount of swearing at it seems to make it go so.....
Been looking online and the new makita EK6100 can be bought for £415, which is a weekend on the beer cheaper than the Stihl 410 but,......
are they any good? Do any of you guys out there run 1 and can give me a bit of an idea how they compare to a Stihl or husky.
can also get 3 years servicing and repairs with makita at the moment which is a bonus.
Bought one a few months back, only used it a couple of times but seems as good as the Ts410s I've hired...possibly runs better. It is a bit lower quality plastic, but for the money I was well pleased, munched through some 100×100 reinforced concrete posts like butter.

What models your broken stihl saw?

I got one from Toolstop earlier in the year, think there was a discount code, then a deal on a pack of 3 diamond blades, and it was just over £400 saw and blades.

I've used toolstop a few times, always good prices and very good service

https://www.toolstop.co.uk/makita-ek6100-petrol-disc-cutter-12-2-stroke-61cc-p63394

It says out of stock on the site, maybe give them a call?

As for the saw itself, it seems good to me, and for what I use it for will last me a lifetime