Well done Echo!

shillo

I've been Stihl thru and thru for 35+years.  I bought a 390 for the start of last hedge laying season and it's superb.  Don't think I'll buy another Stihl.
northants5.thumb.jpg.75e7c94901fc1f940a99567b99dcf7e3.jpg

I with you on that Graham, I have had more problems with modern stihl and husky saws since the auto tune crap than anything else, echo is like stihl and husky were 15 yrs ago!
  • Like 2

We’ve been using echo ppt pole pruners for years, they’re a great bit of kit, we did all the Tour de France trees on the North Yorkshire route with one with an extension pole added, the cheapest bit of kit that has made the most profit for us ever. That said we’ve never used their back handled chainsaws due to their top handles not being up to the job.

We’ve been using echo ppt pole pruners for years, they’re a great bit of kit, we did all the Tour de France trees on the North Yorkshire route with one with an extension pole added, the cheapest bit of kit that has made the most profit for us ever. That said we’ve never used their back handled chainsaws due to their top handles not being up to the job.

The back handles are great saws, far better and more reliable than modern stihl and husky

Top handle saws are good and no worse than the modern competitors saws!

1 hour ago, MattyF said:

Just a tune up really mate.. last time it was really badly out of tune...that’s what my invoice says ! Suppose I need to get myself an echo tuning screw driver! You forget after using auto tune that they do need a bit of adjustment now and then.. used to have those orange stihl screw drivers hidden every where when running 020’s!

Yeah that's one downside. The carbs are temperamental. 

Spuds worked on mine and its way better. I've also got myself a tach and their tuning screwdriver for if it needs adjusting again. The carb settings are in the owners manual and @Rob D has a decent video on YouTube showing how to set them up

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spudulike said:

Yup, the carbs on Echos are a bit weird, it is almost as though the impulse isn't enough to drive the carb correctly and have had issues with more than one including Joes. Not the easiest to set up either!

Bloody good saws when they're correctly tuned mind. Better than the 150 by a long way. 

• Like 1

On 14/11/2018 at 13:40, Khriss said:

Echo could be The professional brand soon, have lost patience with Stihl, our latest polesaws look like they came from Toys are Us. K

Me not being a professional at all have that assumption too from talking to farmer's, husky and stihl seem to be on the decline in quality.

Although still the go to. 

Don't take any notice of me though.

Be nice to see some new larger saws in the echo range. Something in the 70cc class would be good.
The chap on the stand at the APF gave an inkling one might be on the way but he had no details on it at all.
As the husky 572 isn’t available I may hold out a bit longer and see who releases what this year.