Winter chainsaw boots?

James905

When it comes to winter I struggle with very cold feet, made worse by the big chunk of freezing cold metal on the toes of my boots!

Has anyone come across a chainsaw boot good for winter? Somthing protective but maybe not with metal...

Or any solution?

Currently use airstreams and 2 pairs of socks but no difference.

Might be worth looking at Corfa.... I have their high leg work boots and they have carbon fibre toecaps that take the same impact as steel....

I know they do chainsaw boots as well.. not looked at them....

Attn: Carol - 01254 317001
Safety Boots UK
Workwear Outlet, Blackburn
Kent Street,
Blackburn
BB1 1DE

I have wide feet and often struggle with boots  especially from local dealers ... so I went up to their warehouse and they very helpful and had loads of wide fit options in...

Might be worth giving them a call and see if they can help...

Edited by Jamie Jones
Spelling
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Airstreams are known for being cold

woolen socks or hunting socks or hiking socks (especially the ones that have been designed with a thin inner sock and thick outer sock to complement each other) dry feet and space around your feet is what you need to beat the cold. Wool keeps your feet dry and the space traps warmth (not so much space your shoes are loose but definitely not tight!)

Husqvarna technical extreme boots or the Stihl gtx (I think they’re called that-the expensive ones) are what I’ve been on the past 5-6 years. 

No difference in fit or shape really (but a bit bulkier than airstreams) but the stihls are lasting a lot longer.

this method works for me when it’s -20 :D 

Google "heated footbeds"

I got some for the wife a good few years ago to put in her ski boots on the coldest days, she hardly ever complains any more.

Some designs are built to last for Arctic expeditions and the like, so they work if you get the right ones.