Contemplating upgrading from Splitta 360 to Splitta 400

Bustergasket

We have been running 360’s for a good few years, interested to know if anyone has upgraded and how they found it, have to say i really cannot fault the 360,s but in our quest to keep improving its a question which keeps cropping up, i have said for a while that if a 400 came along at the right price i would snap it up, thing is there is just never any for sale, i guess people hang onto them. Has anyone used both machines, if so what did you notice ?

Hi there I have not used either machine but I am keen on buying a splitta, they seem a brilliant looking machine, I currently use an older tajfun processor but I end up ringing and splitting a lot of oversize stuff so I think a splitta might be the way to go. How come you chose to use splitta rather than a regular processor. ? Rob 

Cheers Rob, I bought a 360 splitta about 5 years ago, it’s been so versatile and completely bomb proof, it suits the way we work, i have added the woodcutta and an infeed conv, and outfeed, i like the way it takes pretty much any timber even the oversized stuff but just knocked in half, and it really is not fussy, it’s also automatic [emoji106] the kindling it makes also helps, i have managed to get it run at 90 nett bags an hour with two of us stacking etc it’s taken me a while to iron out the process to do that many nets but we are there now, i managed to pick up a second 360 so we run two now and we do struggle to keep up [emoji106] keep on chopping

The way we are working it i have one setup for kindle and one for logs, the kindle machine came with the woodcutta so has done a bit more work, i have replaced a few parts over the last 6 months to bring back up to scratch, it’s now running great, not thinking of selling it yet, i like the machine and what it produces, i keep toying with the idea of carrying out a simple mod which would allow the machine to take 500 or 600 mm high material, cannot bring myself to put the grinder to it though ! have thought about hiring it out but realistically i have zero time, if a could find a well priced 400 then iam pretty sure i would have a change round and put that on the log line, there is something to be said for running two machines the same though, and the 360 does 400 mm, but the 400 does 450-500, i just keep watching the market sometimes they come up and the payback time is very quick, i know Fuelwood have a 400 with its own petrol power pack that they hire out, if you got all your rings lined up it would make short work of them, just an idea [emoji106]

• Thanks 1