The bit coin revolution scam

Steve Bullman

This scam has been doing the round for several months now.  I'm sure most of you have seen it.  The original one started with a link to the dragons den and was pretty damm convincing, almost to the point that I was considering signing up.  I did however start doing a bit of googling and quickly found out it was a scam.  I wonder how many thousands of people and fallen for this though?

What is annoying me the most is I am constantly seeing these same adverts under a different guise popping up on facebook and yahoo....right in the approved adverts that facebook and Yahoo allow.  Now, when I advertise on facebook the ads never go live, instead they have to be approved.  You'd think this means manually, but I guess not based on the amount of these scam adverts that seem to make it through their 'moderation.

So just be careful what you're clicking on.  You would assume that ads that pop up within your email log in page are legit....don't!!

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

This scam has been doing the round for several months now.  I'm sure most of you have seen it.  The original one started with a link to the dragons den and was pretty damm convincing, almost to the point that I was considering signing up.  I did however start doing a bit of googling and quickly found out it was a scam.  I wonder how many thousands of people and fallen for this though?

What is annoying me the most is I am constantly seeing these same adverts under a different guise popping up on facebook and yahoo....right in the approved adverts that facebook and Yahoo allow.  Now, when I advertise on facebook the ads never go live, instead they have to be approved.  You'd think this means manually, but I guess not based on the amount of these scam adverts that seem to make it through their 'moderation.

So just be careful what you're clicking on.  You would assume that ads that pop up within your email log in page are legit....don't!!

Is the thread still available that was on here a while back Steve ? Some people were making money or so I thought ...

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

Somewhere.  That wasn't a scam though, that was something different.

This is an out right scam with a third part company signing people up on the promise of making them millionaires overnight.  Its all quite convincingly done, but as always if it appears too good to be true then it usually is.

Yes mate . Like the Nigeria thing !

i always understood that the world worked in US dollars and pounds stirlling, anything eles not worth a toss, i lad up the road has a bit coin account and reckons he makes about £300 a week so i asked him what he went to work for ? sats he cant get any thing out for 2 years, i said you will be a million air by then wont you ,Rodney, i dont think so , anothere lad just been to Egypt and on way home in airport bought some cigs and tabacco but airport wanted paying in sterling, that says a lot to me,