Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kevinjohnsonmbe

Any bright ideas?

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Can you not get crane in above and lift it out.

Or cut across flat roof in right of picture.

The neighbour (left - original picture set in first post) has had their desperately aged boiler repaired many times because they can't get a replacement in - apparently.  The only option was to crane it in but crane company reportedly said they couldn't (legally) access the village.  It's one of those sickeningly quaint Cornish coastal fishing villages - "main road" 😮 as indicated below!)  Maybe heaving it off the flat roof could be an option.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 20.54.00.png

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The neighbour (left - original picture set in first post) has had their desperately aged boiler repaired many times because they can't get a replacement in - apparently.  The only option was to crane it in but crane company reportedly said they couldn't (legally) access the village.  It's one of those sickeningly quaint Cornish coastal fishing villages - "main road" 😮 as indicated below!)  Maybe heaving it off the flat roof could be an option.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 20.54.00.png

is it feasable to construct a largish incinerator on the nearest lawn and transport ash out? - I mean in wintertime is there a way with sheetmetal to burn above the lawn somehow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

is it feasable to construct a largish incinerator on the nearest lawn and transport ash out? - I mean in wintertime is there a way with sheetmetal to burn above the lawn somehow?

Literally, no space at all for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

The neighbour (left - original picture set in first post) has had their desperately aged boiler repaired many times because they can't get a replacement in - apparently.  The only option was to crane it in but crane company reportedly said they couldn't (legally) access the village.  It's one of those sickeningly quaint Cornish coastal fishing villages - "main road" 😮 as indicated below!)  Maybe heaving it off the flat roof could be an option.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 20.54.00.png

Unless it's the picture deceiving the eye it looks like there is a buried gully pot and possibly a buried manhole. I'm not surprised the crane company can't access the village. There was a train crash on a level crossing close to our place a few years ago, the crane knackered the water main everywhere it was parked. Bright ideas? Leave it to someone else unless you can really load the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

3 - a construction waste chute (if I can find an open top chute rather than a full circle one) still need several blokes to service the chute

http://www.cumbriawoodlands.co.uk/news-updates/cumbria-woodlands-blog/2018/5/timber-extraction-the-log-chute-method.aspx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would a scaffold company construct you a straight run down slop, boarded slip way you could stand stuff down on arb trolley.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Would a scaffold company construct you a straight run down slop, boarded slip way you could stand stuff down on arb trolley.  

Bloody hell, what sort of money would that cost? I enquierd with a scaffold company to scaff a job out for works on two chimney stacks, one on a gable, one on a semi detached part of the property. The money asked was eye wartering. It got done the dodgy way in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.