Any bright ideas?

kevinjohnsonmbe

By no means a challenge in respect of the dismantle (other than very limited ground working space) which requires a sensible, workable solution for swift materiel removal from the base of the tree.

It's a very steep site with long narrow, unstable, winding steps and a less than pristine slippery, raised deck area to transit.

Thoughts so far:

1 - mandraulic carrying out 1 piece at a time - probably needs 4 blokes walking up and down all day just to stand a chance of keeping the climber on pace

2 - zip line  - with some form of temporary installed base anchor on the raised grassy area (+/- 40m) , or try and pick up a tree further back but nothing in an ideal spot (+/- 70m) - still need several blokes to service the zip line and purchase of some longer lengths of rope

3 - a construction waste chute (if I can find an open top chute rather than a full circle one) still need several blokes to service the chute

4 - Take it out uphill through neighbours garden (neighbour amenable) - it's a moderately less arduous but dreadful processing / parking / trailer space (not any advantage)  

Any body see it a different way?  I'm favouring 1 despite the obvious labour bill.   

IMG_9667.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 18.50.30.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 19.14.43.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 19.19.20.png

I agree, don't try re-inventing the wheel!  I would favour 1 - process small 5ft max and throw shift. I man throws his own batch from tree to chipper so route is clear for next man to follow and 1st man is gone before 2nd man, 3rd man etc.  starts throwing. 

Done this for years and there are far worst methods. Good luck.

Edited by arboriculturist
  • Like 1

No 1. Maybe passing stuff on so they are not struggling past each other. Defo a day to be climbing. Doesn't look like enough space to terminate a zip line unfortunately. The 72m crosses a road?

Wouldn't trust any zip line I've ever set up to go over traffic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Con said:

No 1. Maybe passing stuff on so they are not struggling past each other. Defo a day to be climbing. Doesn't look like enough space to terminate a zip line unfortunately. The 72m crosses a road?

Wouldn't trust any zip line I've ever set up to go over traffic. 

Quiet cul de sac (only 2 other houses) but agree, just don't see the zip line as viable.  

9 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Chinook . Slice it off in a onner with the big saw and fly it away ?

Helo lift was actually discussed Mr S (forgot to include it in the options!!) 

The MD of Castle Air is a previous customer, neighbour and occasional acquaintance.  It's 5 mins flying time from their base at Liskeard and probably 15mins on task but the fleet they keep down this way is mostly exec rather than lift.  It might be worth a quick call on Monday all the same.  

Anyways, all the Chinook are committed to the Dianne Abbot taxi tasking....  ? 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Can you not get crane in above and lift it out.

Or cut across flat roof in right of picture.

The route in above is horrendous in a village that is horrendous!  Lift from above would need a 25t crane, if it could even reach, it couldn't get in there.  I don't even want to take a trailer in the access above the site - it is hellish! It would be +/- £600/day (maybe a little less if they do a ½ day but still >£ than mandraulic.