What is the best type of wood you have used for your stove?

How would the fumes get into ones home, if being burned in a stove?

They will be sucked up the flue, other than absolutly miniscule amounts, unless one is in the habit of sticking ones head inside the stove firebox.

Also, How about some specifics re the offending glue types and the toxicity of the gases released.

And, How is such glued wood to be disposed of otherwise than by burning?

I strongly dislike broad-spectrum scare stories.

regards

marcus

2 hours ago, woodrascal said:

We've got one too :) 

Must admit I've not noticed much ash dropping into the ashpan on ours when using softwood. Mind you I do usually mix it with a bit of Ash and Oak.

I'm not really mixing it that much, put a bit of birch in with it now and then but that's it. I find the grate bars are exposed in the middle when burning softwood whereas hardwood leaves a layer of ash over the top of everything.

I burn very little treated timber, bits of ply, bits of barely treated softwood fence boards, v occasionally fragments of painted wood, but I will repeat my question;

What other disposal method is out there for such wood?

If it is buried in landfill, where do the toxic chemicals go?

And, indeed, why are such toxic chemicals, or even MDF(as a product) allowed to be used?

Or should we export it all to China?(and buy more MDF rubbish furniture)

BTW I strongly support local(within economic size constraints) incinerators, for disposal of all burnable waste.

I would also like to use the average NIMBY as fuel.

Marcus