Aspen 2 worth using ?

1 hour ago, Blah said:

I know I can recycle, which effectively means landfill as I understand it. Either way, this is where pump petrol, where you reuse the container rather than recycle, has the only advantage as I see it.

If I could buy Aspen without throwing away containers, I'd switch over completely today.

I think you can by it large drums , my be wrong , then you just need to de cant it into your combi can or whatever .

Dealers should have big drums that we can then go in and refill our own fuel cans. much greener solution, should work out cheaper too as less plastic involved and shipped in barrels not pallets of bottles.
Dealers could sell an approved buy once bottle for punters to buy it for home use. Could even be taxed different for agricultural use?

• Like 3

I know I can recycle, which effectively means landfill as I understand it. Either way, this is where pump petrol, where you reuse the container rather than recycle, has the only advantage as I see it.

If I could buy Aspen without throwing away containers, I'd switch over completely today.

Who on here was using aspen cans for storage?
Had a cool photo of lots of shelves?

6 hours ago, Blah said:

Pretty sure that was @GardenKit

It was indeed me, I have hundreds of cut off cans serving as parts storage bins in my workshop and garage, its a great way to recycle some of the thousands we get returned to us.

We offer all our Aspen customers the chance to return their empty can to us for responsible recycling via our weekly collection of recyclable materials by Suez.

But to be fair, the cans are made of exactly the same plastic as milk bottles, so there should be no problem with them going in the household recycling. Just drain, leave the top off and remove the sleeve before putting out with the rest of your plastics and the collection team should take it, although I know that some of the guys can be plain awkward and leave bulky items behind.

Aspen is indeed available from the pump in many western european countries, but we are a long way off having sufficient volume of sales in the UK for outlets to justify the expense of the tanks and the pumps, so I am afraid you will need to stay with 5litre cans or 200 litre drums for the foreseeable future.  One beauty of the 5litre can is that it allows 350 outlets to stock Aspen in the UK, so there should be a dealer not too far from anyone.

Disposal of the cans is really a very minor problem compared with the advantages there are to be gained from using Aspen, but I have had the disposal issue quoted to me on several occasions as an excuse not to use Aspen by people who had no intention of using it anyway. Those who really want the product do not worry about the price or the can disposal, they just buy it for the benefits.

And, on the subject of price, its worth reminding everyone that the RRP of a 5litre can of Aspen2 is now £19.98 INC vat. I must admit we charge a rounded up figure of £20 because it makes the whole money taking issue much easier and nobody ever objects to an overcharge of 2p, but any dealer charging £20 PLUS Vat, is, IMO, taking the proverbial. There are plenty of dealers only charging the RRP, so no need to overpay for it by £4.

Of course, it would be great to see the £0.58 per litre road fuel tax removed, and the government have been asked, but I doubt its very high on the government agenda at the moment, they have bigger issues to take care of. So don't use the tax as excuse not to buy Aspen, If you fancy using it, start now and reap the benefits for man, machine and environment.

Oh, and stick with Aspen rather than the pretenders, its still the original and the best!

Its great to see so many Arbtalkers using it now, a far cry from 7 years ago when I virtually lynched on this forum for daring to mention the 'A' word!!!

20171117_080823.jpg

P1020144.JPG

• Like 2