Aspen 2 worth using ?

Hi Gents

I’m thinking of swapping over to Aspen 2 for my two stroke tools. Is it as good as I’m told ? Has anyone used it long term and noticed a difference ? The expense (if there’s much) isn’t a factor because I don’t pay for it.

Any and all feed back will be appreciated.

cheers 

It's expensive, but it's a lot better on your tools and your health. Because it is hugley cleaner than standard unleaded.
It's ready mixed too, so perfect mix everytime and quick decanting into combi can.
I do a lot of fencing as well as trees, so my range of two stroke tools aren't being run necessarily every day...I can leave the fuel in a hedge trimmer and pick it up a fortnight (or longer) later and it starts first time.
Most of the time the cost isn't an issue...it's only with a big saw and logging big stems all day you would find it expensive...just factor in a little extra onto your charges to cover it.
Go for it is my advice.

I don't have the mechanical expertise to say 'it's better for my tools' but I have virtually no problems with any of my 2-strokes, which are all run on it, half of them now from new.

But I really don't miss facefuls of foul exhaust gases; Rough, you're so right.

My take on pump fuel mix is like that of an ex-smoker (me) on the fags - they're both disgusting ?

I use Motomix. Would happily use Aspen. I pay for it (despite the revolting level of tax). My saws always start well. I've left saws for a year or so and they start and run as though they were last used yesterday. My dad uses normal petrol mix in his saw and various other 2 stroke tools. Constant problems. People I climb for use normal petrol stroke mix. Constant problems. Reports on here average out to similar. Various engine menders report that most problems are bad fuel.

And you really notice the stink and headaches from normal petrol mix when you're used to Motomix/Aspen.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaz-exRM said:

Awesome feedback. I’ll make the move at 1000 tomorrow when I pop into WGM.

Thanks Gents

Just be aware that if your saws have been run on pump fuel for some time it may be worth renewing some or all of the rubber components as they will have been attacked by the solvents in the pump fuel . The petrol itself will keep them soft until they eventually fail . Aspen however does not attack the rubber so does not remove the coating that is on it to keep it soft . If the petrol has removed it ( which it will ) then when switching to Aspen they can become brittle and crack . If you use Aspen from the get go in a new saw then of course this is not a problem . Its the petrol that has done the damage but some people think its the Aspen coz it goes wrong when the swap .

• Like 4