Aspen 2 worth using ?

What he said.

when I moved to Norway most people use Aspen2.  I started using it and slowly saws started to play up.  I replaced rubber hose, fuel lines etc and carb kits and they work fine.

i prefer 2stroke and pump fuel in bigger saws though.  They seem to run better.  Just remember not to let the fuel go off.

6 hours ago, Stubby said:

Just be aware that if your saws have been run on pump fuel for some time it may be worth renewing some or all of the rubber components as they will have been attacked by the solvents in the pump fuel . The petrol itself will keep them soft until they eventually fail . Aspen however does not attack the rubber so does not remove the coating that is on it to keep it soft . If the petrol has removed it ( which it will ) then when switching to Aspen they can become brittle and crack . If you use Aspen from the get go in a new saw then of course this is not a problem . Its the petrol that has done the damage but some people think its the Aspen coz it goes wrong when the swap .

Cheers Stubby

I've just had two saws (ms260 and 200t) overhauled. Total re-builds. There are some more to be rebuilt so I’ll use the Aspen once they get back.

cheers.

WOW at the amazing feedback offered in this thread. The difference in the level of positive response from when we first came onto arbtalk many years ago is incredible to see.

Just a thought, to anyone reading this who works for a company which doesn't currently provide alkylate petrol, get in touch via PM and we can send you all the information you need in order to show them how Aspen can benefit their business.

?

• Like 2

On 08/11/2018 at 09:52, Rich Rule said:

What he said.

when I moved to Norway most people use Aspen2.  I started using it and slowly saws started to play up.  I replaced rubber hose, fuel lines etc and carb kits and they work fine.

i prefer 2stroke and pump fuel in bigger saws though.  They seem to run better.  Just remember not to let the fuel go off.

I know a bit of Norway. I’ve worked out of Harstad and Tromso. Love it out there. Get up to the Hardanger if you haven’t yet.

4 hours ago, Aspen@AAOIL said:

WOW at the amazing feedback offered in this thread. The difference in the level of positive response from when we first came onto arbtalk many years ago is incredible to see.

Just a thought, to anyone reading this who works for a company which doesn't currently provide alkylate petrol, get in touch via PM and we can send you all the information you need in order to show them how Aspen can benefit their business.

?

Oh lovely. I’ve noticed a difference in the rebuilds already. I’ll message you my info.

Gaz

Aspens awesome! Used it for 8years now, buy in 25l barrels, I consider it ppe.

maybe the cost would be significant for a forester but if an arborist can’t justify the cost their doing something wrong. 

Bigger saws might need slight carb adjustments, my used 88 swapped over no problem, a freshly rebuild 020t had problems though (soon sorted but annoying nevertheless) 

• Like 2

Swapped after getting headaches on still days so fumes hang around you. only saw that caused issues is my 236 husky, was running it on pump fuel so will strip and rebuild the pipes and filters etc.
cost difference is negligible when you can work more efficiently without a foggy head so time saved and less running tool time.