Sapling suppliers south west and planting questions

We're planning to do a modest replanting scheme when we've finished the job that we're presently working on near Taunton. 

I used to use Alba Trees near Edinburgh when we lived in Scotland, but would appreciate any suggestions for plant nurseries closer to home (Cullompton). 

Also, planting suggestions would be greatly appreciated as the soil is quite different to what I've been used to up north. It's sandy, free draining and quite rich. Drought might be an issue as I saw wilting ferns earlier in Autumn due to lack of water on this site. There is no standing water anywhere on site, or indeed even any mud. 

So if anyone can suggest drought tolerant species that are fairly fast growing, I would be grateful :D 

For the species choice, i would have a look at the FC's Ecological Site Classification program https://www.forestresearch.gov.uk/tools-and-resources/forest-planning-and-management-services/ecological-site-classification-decision-support-system-esc-dss/ , It has recommendations based on soil and climate variables, but can also recommend suitability in 50 yrs time when climate change will have had a greater effect. 

• Like 1