Chainsaw refresher, a scam?

claydon

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Got any jobs going?

I told you before :egg: we would both end up in jail :)

In fairness to the assessors some can spot those with fully charged self winding watches and on group assessments will spend the time necessary ironing out problems/bad habits . I was gas bagging with an old school assessor last time out with a group and his pet hate was cutters standing at the base of tree aimlessly gorping up at the canopy before cutting a gob, wound him up a treat . He was of the opinion the tree should have been clocked from afar and a felling plan should have been firmly in the head long before getting to the base of the tree , standing at the base of a tree staring skyward was worthless. :)

Bob

• Like 1

I think a good assessor will decide whether someone is competent pretty quickly.  How a person looks, acts, what condition their kit is in, what kit they've got all help to inform an assessor whether or not the candidate knows what they're doing or not.  That is if the assessor themselves knows what they're about.  The blethering and having a cup of tea should then confirm experiencea and underlying knowledge.  After that a good assessor should know if they need to spend 45 minutes cutting a couple of trees to confirm what they think or whether they want to do lots of trees to make sure someone is actually up to scratch.  So either you have a full day cutting getting refreshed or you only do a wee bit followed by a lot of gossip, reminiscing and drinking tea.  This last part should still count as refresher as it is more than likely vocational and will cover all sorts of different scenarios and how they were / should have been dealt with.  Never underestimate the importance of a good blether! :lol:

• Like 2

23 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Although my comment was tongue in cheek I'd very much doubt it. If I was pulled over your way I'd be knocking your door.

Kin hurry then :egg: we could use a service layer :thumbup1:

IMG_2692.thumb.JPG.d31b39eea178d0a064e2a0d913fc891e.JPGIMG_2691.thumb.JPG.f76d39fecefc7fb2f19127f457653d5c.JPG