Chainsaw refresher, a scam?

claydon

10 minutes ago, Spruce Pirate said:

Think that's OK for a climbing refresher, but don't think it would count for ground based tickets.  Not in a forestry context anyway.

Good, I did it three years ago and my last commercial climbing with saw was 3 or 4 years before that. I don't mind doing a bit of groundwork and did sit in with a group of chaps doing their initial cross cut and fell about 6 years ago.

The trouble with these refreshers is at over £150  a time and up to 2 days off work there is no way you can amortise the cost as you get older and looking to take it easy.

P.S. I just checked and the pre requisite is  CS30.1, CS30.2, CS31 so they're ground based rather than swinging from a harness.

Edited by openspaceman
added post script

46 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Thats the way it always was.  Trainers and assessors seemed to always be guys in their 50's and 60's who had spent their entire lives working in the woods. 

but not now a days. its some smart arse kid who got a ticket a few years ago did a bit of cutting got wet a few times then got a job sat on his arse in a office then went and did a training course and thats it £300 + a day,

• Like 1