Chainsaw refresher, a scam?

claydon

So my boss is on at me about doing a refresher course, and after a bit of googling it looks like this is being adopted as best practice.

Is it just a money making scam, seriously I have to go on a a two day course just to refresh basic maintenance/cross cutting and felling up to 280mm?

I took all my tickets 20 years ago with the exception of windblown, and I've yet to cause any damage, in fact I've caused more harm to my self with a bow saw!

We don't do refresher driving test every 5 years, why chainsaw training.

Some one please explain the logic?

Thanks

Edited by claydon
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Bullman said:

Yep this is nothing new.  Its been the recommendation for a number of years now.  The cynic could argue its a money making exercise.  For many i'd argue the refresher training is pointless.  For some it could be more appropriate

One size brush for all

• Like 2

Yep agree with it, its just to line some one elses pocket, i for one will be coming up for a refresher soon and only thing i can think of is doing a pole saw ticket ,as got all others, i dont think i would pass a driving test again first time as way to many bad habbits now and its the same with saws, if i just did the refresher course i would have to really think of what i was doing, so for some one half my age with very little expierance compared to myself to be telling me where i am going wrong dont seem right, should be me passing my expierance on to the younger generations,