Sterling HTP 11mm rope

Gents can anyone give me some advice about Sterling HTP ? Is it any good ? I’ve been using Teufelberger drenline and xstatic recently and I’ve been happy with them. The governor wants to buy a load of Sterling HTP because he can get a deal on some.

Cheers Gaz

Depends on what you want it for.

I have 60m of the 11mm http.  It is very low stretch and is a bit like climbing on wire.  It is great but I wouldn't want to take a fall on it.  I haven't managed to get it working on my Rope Runners or BDB and it worked for a while with the akimbo.  Then for some reason just started to slip with the Akimbo...  an issue with the device and not the rope.

I have other ropes I prefer to climb on so it has been coiled up and hung up in the workshop for a while.  I might give it a go with the RW someday.  It is always nice to have a backup long rope as the weather here in Norway can be inclement, so it is nice to be able to change if you need something dry.

Hope this helps.

If you using mechanicals I would look elsewhere. There are better options out there.  

11MM HTP is my favorite rope with a Wrench. A bit like climbing on wire, with no bounce even with over 300 ft of rope in the system. I hate bounce so this is something that is very important to me. It is sweet and smooth on both ascent, decent, and when working a tree.. Also works great for DdRt when needed. Available with sewn eyes, has decent hand (can tie any knot needed), and I have had no milking problems with it.  Its also tough as nails!  Did I say I love HTP?

I also climb on Xstatic (use it with a BDB), but like the HTP better with everything but mechanical devices. 

• Like 1

Has anyone tried HTP on a RW and ZZ. I have a RR on it at the moment and it slips a bit occasionally but I have found that I can lock it off no worries if I push up on the RR. It’s worth it for the feel of complete static rigidity, micro sit back and ease of tending for me. However I need something CE marked for some of my work.

In answer to the OP’s question. I think HTP is the best rope that I, personally, have found. It is like climbing on a tifor cable!