Work in New Zealand

Patchwork

Hello, been a while since iv been on arbtalk but i need some help from the brethren! Moving to New Zealand April next year, and was wondering if any one knew any small-ish company's mainly in the north island that could do with a climber. I know its a long time away, but im flying to India mid Jan and working my way over to kiwi land so trying to get this sorted so i can get my self settles as soon as i arrive. Any email addresses, company names, phone numbers would be massively appreciated. Hope the winter isnt being to harsh, and the wind brought some decent work. Cheers again. Alex ([email protected])

Hey there I have just moved over here from NZ.

I worked for a company called Willco which is a smaller company based in Wellington but get a lot of great work.

Not sure if they are looking for anybody but never hurts to contact them.

Good luck with your search.:thumbup1:

hey i moved out to NZ last year but i'm moving on around april time. been working for a smallish firm and i know theyll be looking for a couple of climbers mid next year - if youre experienced and enthusiastic you should have no probs. can give you details if youre interested. one thing to note thoygh is there is a lot of powerline work here and we also do a lot of big contracts using machines etc - havent been doing half as much intense climbing/rigging as i did in UK. apart from that its a beautiful country with a great lifestyle and some weird and interesting trees. good luck

if your an experienced arborist you will get work anywhere in NZ,especially on the north island in auckland,wellington,hamilton and the south island in nelson,christchurch or dunedin.pm me if you want anymore info but honestly you will pick up work very easily and can stay away from powerlines if you want as i have for 5 yrs.

Hey mate.

I worked a year in NZ in a smaller town, Taupo. Had a really good time. The company was Plateau Tree Service. Give my mate Sam a call if you pass through and he will have work for you.

There is really good trout fishing and wild pig hunting if your into that.

Good luck, New Zealand is a way cool place.