Thinking of investing in ibcs

Steve2011

22 minutes ago, Steve2011 said:

Which is better wooden base or metal base? Will the metal base dent as filling? Presumably the wooden ones are easy to repair as attach to new pallet?

cheers

I have to store them outside and the wooden pallets have a short life but easy to replace. Not had many problems with the metal ones apart from the odd knock while learning the ropes with the new loader. If you can keep them in the dry I would use the wooden ones as they give better ventilation.

11 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

I have to store them outside and the wooden pallets have a short life but easy to replace. Not had many problems with the metal ones apart from the odd knock while learning the ropes with the new loader. If you can keep them in the dry I would use the wooden ones as they give better ventilation.

Thanks I can keep them dry, take it they just bolt on a wooden pallet? I have access to a lot of pallets any way. And that is a good point of ventilation.

cheers

26 minutes ago, Steve2011 said:

Thanks I can keep them dry, take it they just bolt on a wooden pallet? I have access to a lot of pallets any way. And that is a good point of ventilation.

cheers

Yes, the ones I have had just have had either small metal brackets hooked over cage frame and screwed in or screws going through the metal into the pallet. Some of the wooden pallets need some extra slats as the gap in the middle can be too big and logs escape. 

I use the all metal bases , the part metal/plastic blocks ones or the all plastic bases seem quite durable. I’m using about 90 in circulation at the moment and 60 are full of processed logs which I just rotate out on my forks into the trailer or tip out to bag up from. 

I’ve only completely knackered one by dropping it off the forks. 

So are they seem a fantastic investment I’ve got them outside 2 high with the tanks cut in half as lids and the wind is doing a fantastic job of drying the wood out at the moment. 

Rob 

• 3 months later...