Anyone on here in France who could help me?

tim361

You are unlikely to get a reply from a Frenchman.

They are generally insular, suspicious and inward looking although I have some rare Anglo-phones within my circle of French friends.

Customers are not kings but cows to be milked.

If you want one, I'll buy and ship one to you if your Father doesn't come up trumps.

Stuart

• Like 3

That’s a bit unfair, really... you are just as likely to find an insular, suspicious, and inward-looking Brit in England as you are a Frenchman in France, under the same circumstances. You get unhelpful assholes in every country on Earth, the same as you get true blue superstars of human beings everywhere as well.

Well, except Paris, of course.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very true that, if your from a far, there are some that are suspicious/unhelpful  because of this , but unfortunately there are peeps that fuel the trusts and suspiciousness. 

But on the other hand not everyone is like it. And on forums like this trusts can be built or lost ?

cheers.

On 04/11/2018 at 09:32, tim361 said:

Thank you, really appreciate you doing this. I’ve emailed a few but heard nothing back yet, could be because it English or could be my google translated French. I’ll see how my step dad gets on this week and report back. 

Hey dude,

I've got three replies back, one saying they are out of stock but could order one in, one saying they are out of stock but they are on the waiting list from Husky France to get some of their very limited supply, and one saying they have stock, order away.

Here's the Google translated version of the reply from the ones who said they are on the waiting list:

Hello;
For information, the 346XP is a machine whose official marketing by Husqvarna France ceased in 2011.
It no longer meets the standards in force for professionals or for use in classified forest areas.
However this machine is still manufactured for some markets in the world Husqvarna France sometimes happens to have a few dozen. That's what happened in the last two years, and hopefully it's going to happen again in 2018.
We do not have one at the moment, but we are registering on our waiting list for this machine.
Wishing you a good reception, and waiting for your return;
Cordially.

The guys who say they have some in stock are Lambin

https://www.lambin.fr/tronconneuse/tronconneuse-thermique-professionnelle/1676-tronconneuse-thermique-professionnelle-husqvarna-346xp-45sn.html

Saw and three chains for 589 euro...

Edited by peds
  • Like 1

Thanks for the help. My step dad is booked to go to France next Tuesday so hopefully the Husky dealer in Calais has one in stock. I’m not entirely confident in his ability for this to work smoothly so I may have to take you up on the offer of shipping one to me. I’ll report back next week. 

Cheers all

Fail. Today my step dad went to Calais, picked up the wine, went to the local Husqvarna dealer and........ none in stock. 

If it’s not going to be a massive inconvenience for you Stuart would you be able to ship me two to the UK? If you can let me know how much the saw and shipping would be and also what you want for doing it and I’ll send the funds over. 

Cheers tim