I Bought A Mini Dumper

Haironyourchest

First experiment moving brash with the trackbarrow, so far so easy. reversing up hill with four times what I could drag and with no effort. Loading takes a little care, but with a bit of modification I would be able to throw them on, somthing like removable "U" shaped yolks like in a log trailer scaled down.15479104433331284262945.thumb.jpg.43769c5892d60069bb1e685bde04aa23.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm off to get a quote for a Grillo dumper.

They do one with a pto to which you can attach a flail mower which might be a usefull tool or it might just be a gimmick.

They have 3 reverse and 4 forward gears.

I'll try to get a day long demo beforehand.

I'll be using it to tow the chipper 'hors piste' as well as moving logs.

Stuart

• Like 3

On 12/01/2019 at 11:07, Haironyourchest said:

Update: painful accident with the track-barrow. Crushed myself between the cabin and machine while reversing. Luckily it was unloaded and ground was soft so the reaction wasn't great and the tracks spun, if the ground conditions had been better, I'd have been really fucked. Sore today, bruising and cuts on the back over the hipbone. Funny thing though I had a dream about a week ago where I was reversing my old Hiace van toward a cliff and couldn't stop. It was red as well. Checked the astrology for 3pm, time of accident and mars was smack bang over my natal moon at 7 degrees ares. 

the muck truck you HAVE to hold the lever down as its dead mans handle for just this reason. Yours not have one ? It also looks like it has a much smaller capacity that a muck truck max.

hope you feel better soon .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, donnk said:

the muck truck you HAVE to hold the lever down as its dead mans handle for just this reason. Yours not have one ? It also looks like it has a much smaller capacity that a muck truck max.

hope you feel better soon .

Cheers dude, fine now, was pretty sore for three days or so. Mine has a dead-mans-handle, the problem was my arm got caught and twisted in such a way that it held the handle down - in the drive position - as I reversed, and thus I couldn't pull my arm out or stop the machine. The Grillo has brass bushings instead of bearings on the sprocket and idlers, with grease nipples, so it should have great longevity if you use moly grease. I'd love to have bought the Grillo, just out of my price range. Will be moving a load of cut timber out of a pretty swampy area soon, will document on vid and post.

• Like 1

these things are great.

I got a track barrow 350, from Cautrac at the Saltec show years ago. 

dragged many a chipper about ( its only down side is its so light it doesnt have enough weight pushing down on the tracks) but then again by that time i should probably hire in a tracked machine.

Moved a massive beech tree not long back, up a hill and all. never broke a sweat! 

Kinda wish i could mount a seat lol.

Done use it for brash as its not really a long bed but thats what the arb trolley is for i guess.

u can take off the bucket and theres a tow hitch underneath , its a 2 minute 2 bolt job. Cant go wrong!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/01/2019 at 21:55, Ty Korrigan said:

I'm off to get a quote for a Grillo dumper.

They do one with a pto to which you can attach a flail mower which might be a usefull tool or it might just be a gimmick.

They have 3 reverse and 4 forward gears.

I'll try to get a day long demo beforehand.

I'll be using it to tow the chipper 'hors piste' as well as moving logs.

Stuart

They look absolutely great!  They seem to have a decent number of dealers in France too. 

• 2 months later...

Pulling small hung up trees, too much for me physically, but the Track-Barrow didn't even notice. I pulled a stone out as well, didn't take a picture though - roundy bastard, bout 150kg. Levered him loose with a couple of branches then pulled away with the Barrow and chain, again, no problem. Next project is to fabricate a light dozer blade or somesuch, so I can push stuff.

IMG_20190504_163214705.jpg

• Like 6