Wood chipper

woody paul

Best conifer chipper bandit 90 with perkins engine 

Absolutely! And can throw the chip rediculous distances and pack it so tight into your van you'll be overloaded every time [emoji6] biggest advantage is it will outlast nearly everything else on the market with basic maintenance.
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, woody paul said:

Looking at videos and pictures spout looks the same size as 150 so can it block easy with more chip going though it. 

280 can do 6.5T per hour. All depends on your needs. Private domestic is great but not if you are more into forestry or Clearence work

280 can do 6.5T per hour. All depends on your needs. Private domestic is great but not if you are more into forestry or Clearence work

That's 20m³ of chip, I really don't think that's possible without machine feeding and even then I don't belive it possible on that size machine, put in context this is 7 ton of timber on our botex, I know some is too big but do you think you'd be able to get it into the machine in a hour? DSC_1986.jpeg
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Lust4life said:

I know nothing about timberwolf chippers. But seriously doubt the figure. The ones I've used would be really struggling to do 1/3 of that per hour. 

If you are talking about a Bandit 280 then that is definitely possible. 

On 04/11/2018 at 09:50, woody paul said:

If going bigger yes it would be a big leap but why not go LARGE..

just been considering this for myself, but nowhere to store it - 84hp Perkins maybe its clapped out, but cheap enough to put some money into restoring

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANDIT-90XP-Wood-Chipper-Perkins-Diesel-Vermeer-Jensen-Timberwolf/302946087606?hash=item4688fe72b6:g:40sAAOSwa3lb317q:rk:49:pf:0

6 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

just been considering this for myself, but nowhere to store it - 84hp Perkins maybe its clapped out, but cheap enough to put some money into restoring

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANDIT-90XP-Wood-Chipper-Perkins-Diesel-Vermeer-Jensen-Timberwolf/302946087606?hash=item4688fe72b6:g:40sAAOSwa3lb317q:rk:49:pf:0

Seen that one and a couple of other makes on there at the moment.

10 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

I saw that, looks well looked after to be honest I know that doesn't tell the full story but that Perkins would be bomb proof ?

On 04/11/2018 at 13:15, Jonny69 said:

Firstly, LOL at asking customers their opinion. 

Don't underestimate how quickly towed chippers sink, they all seem to have quite high ground pressure in my opinion. You may find you leave worse ruts dragging a wheeled than carefully tracking a tracked machine. I have a fair size tracked machine (compared to the machines being discussed on this thread) and we can get about pretty well even on wet ground. 

a timber wolf 150 wheeled  chipper will have a higher ground pressure that a 13 tonne digger has,