2 chainsaws to fell a tree

jon18uk

18 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

dont quite follow this bit

the guy in question stands there waving traffic then when things start to go wrong he goes and gets a blower and starts it, then waves a few cars on then disapears out of shot, but the point i am making is why 2 guys to drop a tree of that size ?(why not have 3) the guy on the wedges along with the blower guy should of stoped the traffic for a few minuets, i for one would not want any one banging wedges in on a tree i was felling, as if it went wrong you only have yourself to blaim i bet them 2 where arguing about whos fault it was that the saw got crushed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, agrimog said:

when he threw the smaller saw down would have seen him picking up his p45, no way to treat kit, and if you cant cut it down with that small saw, you shouldnt be cutting it, get someone who knows what there doing

The bit about a minute in, when he jabbed it in the ground like a garden fork?

Noticed that m'self.

I thought, 'there's a man who doesn't clean and sharpen his own saws.'

• Like 1

What about the seemingly well bent silver motor and, I'm guessing the top of the tree, lying next to it almost in final moments of the scene, as the camera pans down to road level ? I don't think these guys were having a good day at all ! Too many pedestrians about on far side, too many vehicles moving at critical time and I certainly wouldn't want anyone else in my space whilst felling . If the saw's going to kick out I don't need to be looking to see if the groundsmans gonads are at the right height for complete separation.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jon18uk said:

Can anyone shed any light on what exactly is going on here?

....let a bit of light in there, hasn't it ? Pity the person filming it from their bedroom didn't get the company logo on truck. Bit I like best is Blower Man picking up a twig n throwing it on brash pile like that's "helpful" at that point.  K

22 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Pity the person filming it from their bedroom didn't get the company logo on truck.

Idverde, according to social media.

Blower Man knew exactly what he was doing though, he wasn’t just pushing leaves around mid-fell, he was getting ready to blow the explosion of shards and splinters away from the moving traffic. Safety first.

• Thanks 1