2 chainsaws to fell a tree

jon18uk

Bit like the 5 Council blokes, I witnessed, incl the tractor driver, the chargehand, 2 mechanics and ANOther, attempting to remove a Quickie Loader, and making a total balls of it, over an excruciatingly long period of time.

Having observed with growing concern,

I finally left the Portakabin, told them ALL to go away(causing much offense)

and in a few minutes, with no fuss, using the tractor hydraulics(well DOH!) sorted the matter.

Chainsaw operations, by "trained" operators were as bad.

So, on balance, most probably bone-fide, highly-trained, been -on-all-the-courses, & got the rubber stamp, unsackable Council employees.

mth

3 hours ago, difflock said:

Bit like the 5 Council blokes, I witnessed, incl the tractor driver, the chargehand, 2 mechanics and ANOther, attempting to remove a Quickie Loader, and making a total balls of it, over an excruciatingly long period of time.

Having observed with growing concern,

I finally left the Portakabin, told them ALL to go away(causing much offense)

and in a few minutes, with no fuss, using the tractor hydraulics(well DOH!) sorted the matter.

Chainsaw operations, by "trained" operators were as bad.

So, on balance, most probably bone-fide, highly-trained, been -on-all-the-courses, & got the rubber stamp, unsackable Council employees.

mth

This photo reminded me of a job that I passed that was been carried out by the Council.

IMG_1492.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I dunno, I think douse the flaming torches and put the pitchforks back in the barn.

...now where's yr sense of fun Mick ! But underlying this is my sense of horror that this happens so much, is why ( one of the reasons ) I took up smoking-that roll up just before you commit yrself has saved a few fence panels ;) k

I was thinking, it looked like something had been up that tree and chopped a few limbs off , it set the balance that it would go some way the way they wanted it too as it was taking to long  (priced to low)  so then they went for the fell. No real place for it to go though. Apart from bustin through 

And the guys really fluffed it up, also who’s explaining and payin for that now flat saw.  

Anyhow good vid of how not to rush a job ?