Hilux differences

Thesnarlingbadger

7 hours ago, Ironbark said:

I've thought the tray liners might trap water, but like they way you can thow big rounds in the back without denting the bed floor because the ribbed tray absorbs the impact. Is it easy to dent the floor with a spray on liner?

Swings & roundabouts I guess. With every option there must be compromises (Brexit excluded, obvs ?)

I have a canopy (and am too precious) to heave big lumps in the back that’s  not to say you can’t load it up though, just “place” rings rather than “heave” - so spay liner suits better than tub in my case. Apparently, it’s patch repairable too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/11/2018 at 20:45, Lust4life said:

Charging a customer for services/parts not fitted/ rendered  is classed as fraud: Obtaining money goods or services by deception/misrepresentation 

Yep, I would've thought so, pretty underhand way to do things. I'll bet most folk just roll over and never question it. It was only a few quid but it all mounts up.

Another recommendation for Turtle Covers, have them in the hilux and been really pleased with them.

Got a BEDRUG installed this time in the back instead of a plastic liner and it's really good; brilliant for the dogs and when you have to climb in back you don't get the knee pain you get with the plastic. If i carry fuel or oil I put it in a plastic box to prevent spills although it's supposed to cope with that and be washable.

On 23/11/2018 at 17:29, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

Is there supposed to be a continuous high pitched tone whilst the car is in reverse gear?

I’m not one for mechanical issues, but that sounds odd!

Is it like an alarm tone (such as when engaging 4x4) or a mechanical noise?

If mechanical, that sounds like something to get sorted without delay. 

On 23/11/2018 at 17:29, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

Thanks for that I have ordered some Turtle covers.

Is there supposed to be a continuous high pitched tone whilst the car is in reverse gear?

I had a constant high-pitched whining in forward or reverse, but it stopped when I dropped the wife off.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

On 23/11/2018 at 00:11, Arctostaphylos uva-ursi said:

Can anyone recommend some good seat covers for the double cab invincible?

Also I have a bucket liner that currently goes over the top of the bucket but I want to fit a hardtop. Has anyone done this?  What do you need to do to the liner to make it fit?

You need an underbed liner rather than an over bed liner.  I ordered a new Invincible a couple of years ago from Toyota and spec’d it to my liking, including a hard top.

when I picked it up I pointed out that they had put the wrong liner in...  they tried to convince me it was the correct one.  I ended up getting the brochure which clearly stated the over bed liner was not to be used in conjunction with a hard top.

I was then told it looked good and was fine...  I responded with ‘yes, hats off to your technicians who managed to get it to fit but cutting holes in it with a dremel but now they have fucked it and it will leak, it clearly states with a hard top you need an underbed liner... now change it asap, and now you have a 900 quid liner with holes in it’

They changed it the week later.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

You need an underbed liner rather than an over bed liner.  I ordered a new Invincible a couple of years ago from Toyota and spec’d it to my liking, including a hard top.

when I picked it up I pointed out that they had put the wrong liner in...  they tried to convince me it was the correct one.  I ended up getting the brochure which clearly stated the over bed liner was not to be used in conjunction with a hard top.

I was then told it looked good and was fine...  I responded with ‘yes, hats off to your technicians who managed to get it to fit but cutting holes in it with a dremel but now they have fucked it and it will leak, it clearly states with a hard top you need an underbed liner... now change it asap, and now you have a 900 quid liner with holes in it’

glad ya stuck to yer guns as they were clearly trying to mug you off.

17 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

They were definitely FoS!  Good on ya for sticking it to the man!  Defies belief that a (so called) professional dealer would make such a gaff, even worse that they should try and mug the customer off as well.

I was, initially, just a little confused by your use of the term "underbed" / "overbed" liner but I figured it out ?.  I think it's better described as "over rail" / "under rail" as relates to wether it sweeps up & over the rails - or in our case with a canopy fitted, not.  ?  

https://www.truckman.co.uk/pick-up-bed-accessories/load-liners-bedliners/ 

• Like 1