Hilux differences

Thesnarlingbadger

I’ve been looking at buying a new Hilux for sometime now and finally set a roundabout date to get one (January). I need it for towing a twin axle with logs and kit and for general day to day use.

I’ve had a ‘Invincible’ set in my mind for a while now but decided I’d look in to an ‘icon’ earlier seeing at they are about 2k cheeper.

The speck looks exactly the same for both bar a few driver comforts that I couldn’t really give a toss about anyway. Mph is a little less but it would take years to bring it up to that 2 grand difference in cost.

Is there something I’m missing or is there really only a few little mod cons and the name that’s different? Has anyone got experience with either or both? I’d been keen to know as that 2k would go nicely towards something nice for the misses like a shiny new trailer [emoji848].

Thanks in advance people

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

I’ve been looking at buying a new Hilux for sometime now and finally set a roundabout date to get one (January). I need it for towing a twin axle with logs and kit and for general day to day use.

I’ve had a ‘Invincible’ set in my mind for a while now but decided I’d look in to an ‘icon’ earlier seeing at they are about 2k cheeper.

The speck looks exactly the same for both bar a few driver comforts that I couldn’t really give a toss about anyway. Mph is a little less but it would take years to bring it up to that 2 grand difference in cost.

Is there something I’m missing or is there really only a few little mod cons and the name that’s different? Has anyone got experience with either or both? I’d been keen to know as that 2k would go nicely towards something nice for the misses like a shiny new trailer emoji848.png.

Thanks in advance people

When I looked into the newer hilux's a few years back (after owning mark 3&4 previously) I decided not to go for another due to the lower load capacity and lower towing capacity. Nice trucks though, not sure if they have updated the towing with the new ones. I went for an Isuzu single cab, ugly machine but seems to be holding up well and pulls like a train. ?

If you intend to

go off road with itMake sure it's got the factory  Limited slip in the rear and that it works. Or better buy a ARB locker. Not cheap... but neither is off road recovery. Have you considered a petrol engined vehicle?

may drink more but less complex to fix.

Edited by Lust4life
Error

I have a Mk6 HL2 which is the lowest spec model equivalent to icon I guess. For me having less frills is definitely a bonus as it means it gets used as a tool and I’m not forever worrying about scratching the leather interior etc etc. Does everything an invincible does. I have kids seats in the back, my wife uses it time to time and it tows a twin axle on a regular basis. Decent mud terrain tyres and it’s the equal of my Landy off-road.

It’s trim level you’re paying for.

I wanted leather seats (wipe clean), heated seats, reversing camera (awesome for backing on to a trailer, especially loaded) and sat nav and it was actually cheaper to go for the invincible model than add them on a base model.