Prices for Council Tender...?

benedmonds

I hate pricing for tenders and historically have not done well:  I figure using numerous people estimating we could get an average which is better than an individual guesstimate..

So estimate from the following the average be done in a day.

This could then be used by individual companies to work out their rate.

No point discussing the spec or complaining that it is impossible due to variation.. That is what you get... 

Small 0-30cm DBH

Med 0-60cm dbh

Large 60cm +dbh

Crown lift to 6m

Crown clean

Crown thin

Crown reduction

Fell to GL

Basal & Epicormic removal

56 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Have you checked the ITT terms for non disclosure / collusion arrangements?  

It's possible that an exercise such as this could be interpreted as engagement with other economic operators aimed at distorting competition.

Maybe that's a bit too cautious just thinking out loud loike...

I think that would be a stretch.

No £ figures are mentioned.. Just trying to get a range of people's views on how many trees a day a team of 3 can do..

Maybe didn't make that clear in op.. was called for dinner..

Edited by benedmonds

1 hour ago, benedmonds said:

I think that would be a stretch.

No £ figures are mentioned.. Just trying to get a range of people's views on how many trees a day a team of 3 can do..

Maybe didn't make that clear in op.. was called for dinner..

Agreed, may be a bit over cautious - was just a thought. 

I am of the view that some of these ‘opportunities’ require so much ‘input effort’ for an ever decreasing contract value that they start to look like more hassle than they are worth. 

The result being, it’s either newly formed outfits under pricing and under delivering or its bigger outfits using these as loss leaders just to keep the teams busy at slow times. 

Just my thinking on a ‘not so positive feeling’ evening!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That is so broad it is meaningless. You are either sensible and charge the 'maximum' so you cover yourself against a large financial loss or you do in 'cheap' to get through the process and basically get buggered in the long run.  

Basal and epicormic for example.  You quote a few pounds a tree based on it being a London Plane and they send you to do a Lime. Massively different resource input from you.  

What is interesting is they seem to lack the most important items of a council arb framework - pollards and repollards. Perhaps your region is different but my experience is they form the bulk of your annual work. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, richy_B said:

That is so broad it is meaningless. You are either sensible and charge the 'maximum' so you cover yourself against a large financial loss or you do in 'cheap' to get through the process and basically get buggered in the long run.  

That is what you get with tenders... No point complaining if you want in...

Small 0-30cm DBH

Med 30-60cm dbh

Large 60cm +dbh

Crown lift to 6m

Crown clean

Crown thin

Crown reduction

Fell to GL

Basal & Epicormic removal

Anyone willing to try... Assume you are doing TM..

1 minute ago, benedmonds said:

That is what you get with tenders... No point complaining if you want in...

I have bid for and currently hold a few term contracts. You'd be crazy to put in for such a vague tender. My experience is you would be providing 20 or more prices for specific sizes/work combinations. You couldn't accurately price what you have there.