7.5tonner

WesD

9 minutes ago, WesD said:

Is there a way to get around vosa checks etc if your only knocking around locally? A 7.5t appeals but a tach and the 3monthky checks or whatever they are don’t. 

NO, looked at all this myself recently dont know about VOSA checks every 3 month but tacho, operators liecence and MOT yes, www.gov and your head will be up your arse,

If I was you I would talk to your local VOSA Officers. They are normally very helpful when they are not fining you.

1) I think that you also need to check to see if you also need Drivers CPC (A series of one day continuous training days... I think it is 4 or 5 in total). If you do need them it will cost you about £ 100 a day course (So about £ 400.00). If you need them and don't have them upto date, it's a £ 1,000.00 fine. and you could also be put before the Traffic commissioner and he has the power to take your licence away.

2) Re: Tacho the best thing to do is talk to your local VOSA officers....
      - If you do need a tacho you will now need a digital tacho card.

- You will have to run your whole working day to both:

-> The Working Time Directive

-> The Driving Time / Hours Directive

- They can often work against each other and if you get an infringement on any of them expect a fine if you get pulled by VOSA. If you have lots of infringements expect a heavy fine and you could also be put before the Traffic commissioner and he has the power to take your licence away.

3) If VOSA find any faults on your vehicle and it is not listed on your daily vehicle checks sheet... Expect a fine.. If they are serious expect to be fined and you will have to call out mobile fitters to rectify the vehicle on the spot or take it straight to a repairs for immediate repair.

4) You might also need an Operators Licence as as well... This will also mean that you will have to allocate a place to park up the lorry.. I know that a local 'Tool Sales' guy whose van is his shop and he goes around local garages selling tools to mechanics (Like a Snap-On Dealer)... had to go through this process. As he wanted to park his 7.5 ton truck on his residential drive (Which was big enough) had to go through Local Authority Planing Permissions Approval as well.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

If I was you I would talk to your local VOSA Officers. They are normally very helpful when they are not fining you.

1) I think that you also need to check to see if you also need Drivers CPC (A series of one day continuous training days... I think it is 4 or 5 in total). If you do need them it will cost you about £ 100 a day course (So about £ 400.00). If you need them and don't have them upto date, it's a £ 1,000.00 fine. and you could also be put before the Traffic commissioner and he has the power to take your licence away.

2) Re: Tacho the best thing to do is talk to your local VOSA officers....
      - If you do need a tacho you will now need a digital tacho card.

- You will have to run your whole working day to both:

-> The Working Time Directive

-> The Driving Time / Hours Directive

- They can often work against each other and if you get an infringement on any of them expect a fine if you get pulled by VOSA. If you have lots of infringements expect a heavy fine and you could also be put before the Traffic commissioner and he has the power to take your licence away.

3) If VOSA find any faults on your vehicle and it is not listed on your daily vehicle checks sheet... Expect a fine.. If they are serious expect to be fined and you will have to call out mobile fitters to rectify the vehicle on the spot or take it straight to a repairs for immediate repair.

4) You might also need an Operators Licence as as well... This will also mean that you will have to allocate a place to park up the lorry.. I know that a local 'Tool Sales' guy whose van is his shop and he goes around local garages selling tools to mechanics (Like a Snap-On Dealer)... had to go through this process. As he wanted to park his 7.5 ton truck on his residential drive (Which was big enough) had to go through Local Authority Planing Permissions Approval as well.

After reading this its a wonder anyone bothers...  

its a wonder why anyone wants a car mind these days..  paid a fine, 450 earlier this year for not sorning my van, this week a fine for no insurance, 50 quid.. didn't even know I had no insurance..

got another threatening letter the other week about sorning the same van I got fined for..  I had it in mind once I'd been fined it was done and dusted.. no, months later they start all over again..

meant to be buying a downgraded Iveco, but just now I fancy getting it to ram the damned VOSA offices  for pissing me the fk off..  

had to phone VOSA  up to get a new log book just so I could sorn my old van..  another 25 quid..  a fkin joke...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Jamie Jones said:

Not sure they are that helpful if that is the advice you have been given..

Pretty sure unless rules have changed. 

You WILL need an operators licence

You WILL need 12 weekly checks

You WILL NOT need tacho if less than 100km from base and to carrying materials, equipment or machinery for the driver’s use in the course of his work and when driving the vehicle is not the driver’s main activity

https://www.gov.uk/drivers-hours/exemptions-from-eu-law

So if delivering logs for example you WOULD need tacho.

Driver CPC also NOT needed- as 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc-exemptions-examples#carrying-material-or-equipment-for-use-in-your-work

• Like 2