Hows the budget effecting you?

jon18uk

5 minutes ago, oldwoodcutter said:

I noticed my Aspen bill has gone up , maybe they had there budget in Sweden last month

I'm guessing it's a worldwide thing. Fuel here has gone up in price for 17 weeks on the bounce. I was reading yesterday that the French will be taking to the streets to protest about the price of fuel.

• Like 1

Well I see Stellas not gone up so Bolam will me happy.

I rarely look too deep into any of the budgets beyond the main things such as the tax thresholds.  They've gone up so hopefully thats a good thing, unless they screw us somewhere else which is highly likely

You know that, they’ll raise the pension age again next year.....

I'm guessing it's a worldwide thing. Fuel here has gone up in price for 17 weeks on the bounce. I was reading yesterday that the French will be taking to the streets to protest about the price of fuel.

You’ve got to admire em for it, the complete apathy/acceptance in this country is worrying.

3 minutes ago, john p said:

You’ve got to admire em for it, the complete apathy/acceptance in this country is worrying.

Yep, I'm afraid it's the only way to get some people to listen. Apparently fuel is more expensive in France than it is here now. I'm a member on a motorhome forum, lots of folk are heading South for the winter. The advice is fill up here before you leave, where it was leave it until you get to France and fill up there.

Yep, I'm afraid it's the only way to get some people to listen. Apparently fuel is more expensive in France than it is here now. I'm a member on a motorhome forum, lots of folk are heading South for the winter. The advice is fill up here before you leave, where it was leave it until you get to France and fill up there.

Really?! That’s unheard of isn’t it? No wonder they’re throwing there Camembert out the pram!
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I paid €1.48 per litre for diesel this morning, here in France, which is about £1.32 . It's gone down from €1.52 last weekend. President Macron wants to increase the price of diesel so it's dearer than petrol. When we moved here 16 years ago, it was 68cents per litre.

I paid 78 old pence a gallon when I started to drive in 1970.   Six shillings and sixpence/gallon  or 32.5 new pence. or 7p/litre.

Only trouble was I was earning £12 a week student forced labour!  60 hour week took me a hell of a lot longer to earn the money for a gallon of fuel than today.