Vitamins for trees

AJStrees

There is a fairly new product on the market here in UK. Called Bite and a liquid vitamin one can safely inject into trees. Has anyone used this specific product? If so can you give me any idea of results on ill or unhappy trees that you know of? From what I have read and been told it is quite a remarkable product. Anyone know about it?

I have attached the mini brochure I was sent with info on this in case it is of use and hopefully they don't mind me sending this around.

Bite minibrochure -email 2017 (1).pdf

• 4 weeks later...

Saw this on the Pro Arb mag website. 

Has anyone used the Biochar injection system? Seems like another potentially great product. 

I think tree conservation is getting better and better all the time for care of veterans. Anyone else agree with that?

biochar-610x315.jpg

This is what the article says. There are some photos and videos. 

A total of 250 trees have been saved by applying enriched biochar to the roots by Geo-Injector since 2017.

Apex Soil Solutions, the Ringwood-based tree health business, has successfully treated 250 trees using its deep-soil Geo-Injector and Carbon Gold’s enriched biochar products, Tree Soil Improver and Tree Fertiliser, since collaborating in 2017.

Biochar is a porous, high-carbon form of charcoal that improves the structure, aeration, water-holding capacity and nutrient retention of soils of all types, and provides the perfect refuge for beneficial microbiologyCarbon Gold’s Tree Soil Improver is enriched with mycorrhizal and Trichoderma fungi, seaweed and wormcasts and trees treated with it have been shown to be resistant to pests and diseases including ash dieback, honey fungus, acute oak decline and horse chestnut leaf miner in third-party controlled trials.

The 250 treated trees, which were suffering from problems ranging from leaf miner to blight, have all returned to full health.

Martin Saxon, CEO at Apex Soil Solutions, says, “As a tree surgeon, it seems crazy how little we’re actually taking trees down these daysWe’re taking the arb world by storm with Carbon Gold’s enriched biochar and our unique application method, the Geo-InjectorWe’ve treated 250 trees, each backed by a money-back guarantee, and every single one of them is standing strong today.

“We knew going in the science was strong thanks to all the research into Carbon Gold’s products. Combined with the perfect application method, it’s a game changer.”

The Apex deep-soil Geo-Injector is a high-tech decompaction tool that drills up to 1.2 metres into the soil around the base of a tree, blasts pockets in the soil around a tree’s roots using pressurised air, and backfills the cavity with enriched biochar.

James MacPhail, Commercial Director at Carbon Gold, says, “This is a great milestone for Apex, we’re really impressed with their resultsThe Geo-Injector is an excellent non-invasive way to apply enriched biochar to the roots of trees without disturbing top-soil or exposing roots, and it has paid dividends in terms ofthe number of trees we’ve managed to save together.

We think this technology, combined with enriched biochar, is the next big step in professional arboriculture.”

biochar-610x315.jpg

• 1 year later...