Pickup

og-supertramp

It's the luck of the draw buying old motors even if you know what you are doing, or in my case have a mate who does. I always check MOT's but like I said before about my old truck, one old mot shows a corroded chassis, it just isn't, (apart from usual surface rust).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It seems a lot are going abroad possibly because of the exchange rate. That said I had n old tipper ten years back, apart from general running costs I spent nothing on it in 3 years, When I sold it two African fellas came over from London with a recovery truck all they wanted to do was check the v5 and vin matched. I can't remember for sure but I think it made £350 more than I paid for it.

Yea a place same yard as I'm based sends all his trucks to Africa. It's all jap stuff/ Hilux/l200/some land cruiser. They probably end up fitted with a Russian heavy machine gun in the bed.. but hey ho. Business is business lol

• Like 1

similar position and looking at supercabs, prob american, low mileage from home so not worried about a big motor. tow great too.
yank stuff has bigger beds. 8ft is easy to find. having the mini rear seats gives you a lockable area for tools and climbing kit etc. single cab means it’s all in the bed and open

1 minute ago, Dbikeguy said:

similar position and looking at supercabs, prob american, low mileage from home so not worried about a big motor. tow great too.
yank stuff has bigger beds. 8ft is easy to find. having the mini rear seats gives you a lockable area for tools and climbing kit etc. single cab means it’s all in the bed and open

Ram cummins 2500 5.9 24V 05 plate.

3500 is a better payload but a bit of a pig to park.

Only early ones for snapping in half and a corrosion issue in early days, but think they were ironed out by 06 ish? Mr Bullman may be able to advise a little furthur, hes had navara’s for over 10yrs according to an earlier post [emoji106]