Tow ball too high for trailer.

Mark Wileman

On a serious note Mark, try welding / bolting something on thats approved as to not invalidate any insurances etc, 150kgs is not a lot but someone else running in to you or anything of the sort resulting in you being incriminated is not worth the risk! Buy one of those step frames you posted earlier but get it from a reputable trailer / towbar supplier then your covered again [emoji106]

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ratman said:

On a serious note Mark, try welding / bolting something on thats approved as to not invalidate any insurances etc, 150kgs is not a lot but someone else running in to you or anything of the sort resulting in you being incriminated is not worth the risk! Buy one of those step frames you posted earlier but get it from a reputable trailer / towbar supplier then your covered again emoji106.png

visit scrap yard find a few pieces of metal to raise height of tow hook weld on... double or triple weld the joints if your worried..   the insurance company don't need to know shit..  you can say you bought it that way..  just make sure you do a good job..

I've made my own trailer for my small chipper, not finished it yet but I ain't doin nothing but building it and using it..   does anyone think I'm gonna be informing an insurance company that I built my own trailer when I can say I bought it off someone at a farm sale..  

visit scrap yard find a few pieces of metal to raise height of tow hook weld on... double or triple weld the joints if your worried..   the insurance company don't need to know shit..  you can say you bought it that way..  just make sure you do a good job..

I've made my own trailer for my small chipper, not finished it yet but I ain't doin nothing but building it and using it..   does anyone think I'm gonna be informing an insurance company that I built my own trailer when I can say I bought it off someone at a farm sale..  

If its not a braked trailer then people prob wont look or bother, if its braked then it matters and your in the shit. For Mark’s interest its about just being lawful, looking right, professional and above board.
You keep routing and bodging ya skip rat, i know which way i’d wana do it anyhow!

9 minutes ago, Ratman said:

If its not a braked trailer then people prob wont look or bother, if its braked then it matters and your in the shit. For Mark’s interest its about just being lawful, looking right, professional and above board.
You keep routing and bodging ya skip rat, i know which way i’d wana do it anyhow!

If he does as I tell him it will look right..   didn't I say make sure you do a good job...

and if he does a good job no need to piss about informing anyone.  do ya think all those trailer on ebay that are under 750kg and look partly self made have been subject to some insurance inspections..

Anyways, I've made my own trailer with a big winch attached to load my middling chipper on it..  its all its gonna be used for..  and I ain't tellin anyone I made it..  and it ain't gonna fall apart in transit.. I've welded the thing so much I swear theres more weld on it than you can shake a stick at..

when its done I'll take a pic and put it up for your approval..  if you wish..  

Re read my post “oh masta” i said all “unbraked” trailers..,, so all “under” 750kgs prob wont be looked at..... you really are argumentative and chuffing annoying for a Tuesday night, its only the 2nd day in to the week..... give it a rest please! Mark got a resolve, i contributed......, you didn’t ?‍♂️ just accept defeat will ya!

And yeah post some pics of your finished result please. Some close up shots then i can really pull ya to bits with all ya blemishes [emoji51] and DON’T paint it before ya do, that cheating as paint hides a multitude of sins! ? peace up vesp ya “Skip Rat”

• Like 1

[emoji23] I wish I never said anything now!

I'd have just top flapped my chipper if I knew it would cause this much trouble!

[emoji269]

Hey i’m happy Mark, sounded like you got a resolve! [emoji106][emoji2]

Vesp’s just bitter cos hes not on podium again! He’ll get over it....., eventually! [emoji51] we may have to suffer some ear droning for a while, bit like tinnitus..... but it’ll pass! [emoji106][emoji39]