Leaf “vacuum” recommendations

Ratman

Looking for a leaf vacuum capable of picking up majority of leaves, obviously some wet ones will and can be quite stubborn. Not bothered if petrol or battery, don’t really want electric with cable dragging everywhere. Was looking for something £200 ish any you can recommend?

3 hours ago, Ratman said:

Looking for a leaf vacuum capable of picking up majority of leaves, obviously some wet ones will and can be quite stubborn. Not bothered if petrol or battery, don’t really want electric with cable dragging everywhere. Was looking for something £200 ish any you can recommend?

The only one that makes any sense for me is a " Billie Goat " vac or similar .  £ 200 ish might get you a dodgy , knackered , for parts only one .  Can't you just use your blower and blow them up into a heap ? 

Hey stubby, yeah i could get away with the blowing in to a pile scenario, which is fine for myself at home as i have a lot of flagged areas, but i often end up going round to my dads and clearing up after all his tree leaf falls [emoji30] his garden is far greater than mine and a lot more intricate too. I’ve looked at the billy goats you mention and makita etc. But being a stihl man [emoji6] i’ve also spotted the SH56C-E at £230 and for a little extra but with slightly better spec and accessories the SH86C-E at £255 so quite tempted ?‍♂️ like the added / built in mulcher function of them too, which obviously condenses the amount of crap retrieved etc which would stop daddy dearest also commenting that his green bin is full [emoji39] what ya think?

32 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Hey stubby, yeah i could get away with the blowing in to a pile scenario, which is fine for myself at home as i have a lot of flagged areas, but i often end up going round to my dads and clearing up after all his tree leaf falls emoji30.png his garden is far greater than mine and a lot more intricate too. I’ve looked at the billy goats you mention and makita etc. But being a stihl man emoji6.png i’ve also spotted the SH56C-E at £230 and for a little extra but with slightly better spec and accessories the SH86C-E at £255 so quite tempted ?‍♂️ like the added / built in mulcher function of them too, which obviously condenses the amount of crap retrieved etc which would stop daddy dearest also commenting that his green bin is full emoji39.png what ya think?

Had a BG86 back in the day with the mulcher blade fitted to the impeller ( similar to what you suggest ) . Too Fiddely and a bit of a faf for not much result  . . You have either got to get the purpose built kit or not do it . Thats what I think .

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

I just presumed it was already built in to the vacuum side? Is that not the case? Says in specs fitted with steel shredding blades.

Yes its a 3 pronged blade fitted on the shaft on the opposite side to the starter cover . Spring loaded orange vented cover I seem to remember  . Does not look any different to the blower only version until you fit the down succey up tube and the collection bag . I did not recon it really . Get a Billie Goat .

• Like 1

Yes its a 3 pronged blade fitted on the shaft on the opposite side to the starter cover . Spring loaded orange vented cover I seem to remember  . Does not look any different to the blower only version until you fit the down succey up tube and the collection bag . I did not recon it really . Get a Billie Goat .

Will go look at billy [emoji106]

I have had a Billy, if you do buy make sure it has four large wheels, mine didn't and was crap on soft ground (grass in autumn) to be honest I didn't think it was quicker than by hand/blower and emptying the bag is a pain each time. I find a good blower, and large plastic dustbins/ton bags filled with the maspro big hands is the quickest and best way to clear leaves

• Like 2

blow em in a pile and mow over em..  pick up with mower after you've shredded a few times..

Don't bother with a petrol blower with a vacuum added on it..  you'll spend all day unblocking it.. waste of time..  the billy goat sounds like a plan but they have there own problems humping them around and being able to get to the area you have to suck leaves up in..  another hassle you can do without..

• Like 2