Ifor williams tipper won't operate

Terjef

Hi, 

I have a 6 year old tipping trailer that won't operate. Battery is fully charged, but absolutely nothing happens when I press the button.

I have tried wiggling the terminals but nothing. Except the red light on the controller flashes a bit. Is it supposed to stay red and green all the time? I can't remember anymore, or does it go red when you tip?

Any ideas, when nothing happens. Not a sound, nothing.

Thanks in advance

Terje Frederiksen

23 minutes ago, woody paul said:

When this happened to mine it was plug terminals bent then slightly and it worked. If socket on trailer has 3 holes think from memory front 1 is supply middle is drop and last is tip use a piece of wire to hot wire it.   

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The socket to the controller is 3 holes in a triangle sort of. How do I hot wire, and what about the plug terminals? Do I bend them?

Sorry if daft :)

12 hours ago, Terjef said:

Ok, do you happen to know how it works on mine? Or how I could test?

Hello Terjef

We have had various similar issues on our TT85 over the years first port of call is forget the remote control for time being the hot wire method should let you know if you have a connection that is OK from memory the top or bottom pin will be up or down connected to the middle pin if this works then you have a remote connection or handset problem, if this fails then undo the two screws on the battery connectors cut and clean wire brush the wires and re attach to battery if this fails could be a solenoid problem in my humble opinion good luck Essexlogman!