Kiln dried load

Dorset Logger

Tell them dry is dry no matter how its done .  Tell them also that if , and I mean if , they manage to get some logs dried down to less than 20% moisture ( kiln or air dried  )  if they don't use them strait away they will eventually take up the ambient moisture from there local atmospheric  and they will  have wasted tier money paying extra for kiln dried .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

Tell them dry is dry no matter how its done .  Tell them also that if , and I mean if , they manage to get some logs dried down to less than 20% moisture ( kiln or air dried  )  if they don't use them strait away they will eventually take up the ambient moisture from there local atmospheric  and they will  have wasted tier money paying extra for kiln dried .  

It's extremely encouraging to hear so many thinking about what sort of planet we are going to leave for our children and our children's children  in future years. 

When you read those cut and paste editorials from the woodburner installers about how great kiln dried is and don't burn anything else because it is inferior, it gets the blood boiling. If they just told the 100% truth that's acceptable.

There was an individually selling imported bulk loads, but he soon fell by the wayside when customers trying to save on kiln dried switched to our air dried and have never looked back.

Kiln dried Firewood ?

Edited by arboriculturist
  • Like 2

To actually answer the question (or try)...

I'm constantly being offered imported kiln-dried, hopefully you'll get some recommendations as I know there's a few sellers on here who import.

Obviously I would prefer you buy British but I haven't seen any suppliers in the UK of kiln-dried other than people like ourselves who sell off excess in the summer, hopefully I'm proven wrong. 

• Like 1

Hi if your logs where cut and split befor march they should be sub 20% anyway, with the summer we had there should be no need for any one to import kiln dried and with the ever increasing threat of global warming the heat going in to the atmosphere is getting beyond the joke even here in the uk, 2 people i know are on the RHI payment sceam one guy put 2 boilers in to heat his work shop no insulation in roof, 20x16 roller shutter doors open all day long and his RHI goverment payment  is now paying a 850 K mortgage, all right for some, and another thing that gets me about climate change is the Osmonds had a hit in the early 70s with crazy horses which was all about bid gas guzzling cars polluting the atmosphere and here we are 45 years later and not a lot but a bit done about it but now they decide to pay people to heat the atmosphere,,,

• Like 1

Logs that was a growing tree this time last year, felled in Dec 2017 an split last March are 17% up in the hills of east lancs, why would any one kiln dry when nature does the job in a reasonable time anyway. Some old wet pine felled 3 years ago and left to rot under evergreen trees recently split and it reads 25% on the inside.

• Like 1